cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big trouble with external users in Jam - any solution in sight?

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jam experts,

this is kind of my last try to get some useful feedback (from SAP?) to a severe problem we are facing since we are using Jam in our company. The problem exists for 2 years now, we have created many SF tickets, still no solution.

Problem description:

- Create an external group in Jam

- invite external people to the group

- they get the invite email, but

- they very often cannot login, the screen is "greyed out" with no options to click anything

here is how it looks:

Now what we have figured out is, that this happens if the external user has already an SAP S-User associated with his email-adress, and the login will fail if this S-user is locked by SAP.

When we as SAP support to unlock the S-User, resend the invite, then it works. But you can imagine this procedure takes several days and is not how it should be !

Since we are in SAP project business, we very often invite people from other consulting companies to Jam and very often they of course have S-users! It is such a shame that this is implemented so badly. Obviously the oldes S-User is taken, and very likely this S-user is locked. As you know, as SAP consultant you accumulate multiple S-users over time, may it be from a training or whatever.

Has anyone found a solution for this ?

Will SAP work on the problem ?

Any help is greatly appreciated - meanwhile we shy away from inviting externals to our Jam groups...what a pity.

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes

I'm creating a ticket for this and you can contact me directly to get the ticket number for follow-up.

Rob

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes

I'll give a bit of a background here. We are going to look at this with the SAP ID team. We supply the e-mail address to the SAP IDS system, and they forward the invite to a user ID and we don't have control over which ID it is forwarded to or if it is already disabled user. I'm not sure in this case why the grey screen shows up, but we will look into it.

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

One more question, this is with SAP's instance of Jam and not a customer instance is that correct?

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rob, thanks for supporting here !

The Jam instance is at SAP, as far as I know in Walldorf (Jam12) our Company ID is 3501904P

The issue occurs on any browser.

We know that the root cause is a locked S-user associated with the email adress. If we ask SAP Support, they will tell us "user xy has 4 S-users, one is locked" - if they then unlock this one, we can resend the invite and it works. As far as we have figured out, it seems as if the oldest existing S-user is taken, which explains why it is often locked.

SAP ID Service should retrieve the S-users to an email adress, but skip the locked ones.

Bye, Johannes

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes please follow up with an actual support ticket for better tracking. Your details are very helpful to get this duplicated and fixed. You are right about what should be done. We have an engineering ticked opened for this and but you should also make sure a support ticket.

You can reference this thread in the ticket.

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

we have already a ticket for the issue: 40399/2015

Again, the S-user was unlocked and the issue seems to be resolved, but only for this single user. It will appeaar agin with the next external user.

regards,

Johannes

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

is there any progress with this issue ? Again now I would need to invite several external partners to my jam groups, unfortunately with a high probabilty that they have several S-users, because they work in SAP CCC. Now unless this issue with locked S-Users is solved, I cannot proceed.

thanks,

Johannes

Rob_Leaton
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

Have you sent an email to the SAP ID support team? >  sapjam.support@sap.com

I have also sent a note to SAP Jam Product Management requesting troubleshooting next steps.

Is this issue occurring in one particular browser?

Please find additional FAQ's here: http://service.sap.com/sapjamfaq

We will continue to monitor this thread and hope to resolve this issue quickly.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,

Rob

Rob Leaton

Global Topic Manager - SAP Jam

Enterprise Social Software

1508 Release Information Webinars:  http://bit.ly/1CESHnT

SAP Jam Admin Guide: http://help.sap.com/sapjam