cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Server for BI (Linux) release date ?

former_member182373
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any update on the release date for the Linux version?  Last I heard ,Q3 was a possibility ?

Thanks

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Linux support is planned for future releases.

in the meantime, you can consider deploying Lumira Server for BI Platform in heterogeneous deployment

Regards,

Ramu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

I have a couple of questions in regards to the Deployment of Lumira Server on non window enivornment. I have followed your documentation but currently unable to view the Lumira Document in the BI Launchpad getting below error. I was reading the SAP Lumira installation guide and it states that the deployment can only be done using SLES 12.0 Linux box. We are currently using Redhat so does that mean this wouldn't work for us?

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rauf,

The supported Linux OS of LS4BIP 1.30 is SLES 12 only, this means LS4BIP can be installed on SLES12 natively, on top of an existing BI Platform 4.1 SP07+ or 4.2 SP02+.

If you have a Redhat server, you have two options:

1) Wait for the future version of LS4BIP which supports RHEL natively

2) Use a heterogeneous deployment with BIP on Redhat, and LS4BIP on Windows. This is documented in the post referenced by Gowda's reply above.

For the dummy links issue you are facing, I assume your Tomcat is hosted on your Redhat server. Since LS4BIP has some add-on components in the BOE.war web application, the BOE.war on your Redhat server would not have them. In this case, you need to move the BOE web app from the "warfiles/webapp" location on Windows to the same place on Redhat, and then use wdeploy to deploy the BOE web app once again. This is also documented in the post referenced by Gowda.

Regards,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your respond. We are currently trying to use the heterogeneous deployment with BIP on our Redhat server. Based on Gowda documentation, we are supposed to copy the BOE folder located iin the warfiles/webapps/BOE  from the windows box to the Linux box. Is this process correct? Doesn't this override everything we currently have in our Linux BOE folder?

Regards,

Rauf 

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rauf,

Yes that's correct, if you have customization in the properties file, you need to back them up first from the BOE folder on Linux box, and put it in the same location in the BOE folder from Windows box.

If you have Design Studio add-on for BIP, it will be a little trickier since DS also has some components in the BOE web app. In this case, my guess is that you'd need to install the same DS Add-on on the Windows box to update BOE webapp with the related components, and then do the copy from Windows to Linux. I haven't tried this myself so it'd better to check with our Design Studio team

Regards,
Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank for instruction, I was able to setup the heterogeneous deployment, but now the issue is my Adaptive Job Server throws an error when trying to check the properties. I even try scheduling  reports and it fail due to it trying to reach out to the AJS. Please assist.

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please see if this KBA helps:

2123689 - Error while viewing the properties of Adaptive Job Server : Error occured while trying to invoke the method com.businessobjects.sdk.plugin.desktop.common.IConfigProperty.getDisplayName(java.util.Locale) of a null object loaded from local variable 'templateConfigProp'

If issue persists, please submit a support incident to BI-BIP-ADM component.

Regards,

Alan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182373
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramu .

Can you give me a date of this future releae?

Tony