Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Consider open past sales order in IBP for Supply as a demand

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in S&OP 3.0.2.2 (On premise Customer) and implemeting IBP for Supply. As of now we are using standard CONSENSUSDEMAND key figure to pass forecast as an input to Supply Planning engine.

Our Customer also wants to consider past open sales order as an demand input to Supply Planning engine.

We don't see any standard Key figure for this. Please let me know if this is possible in S&OP 3.0 version, if yes then how?

Thanks

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

I think you can try Minimum key figures eg- MINCONSTRAINEDDEMAND, MINTRANSPORT to enter open sales order from past.

These key figures will be considered as additional receipt during supply planning run and the remaining demand(Consensus or dependent) will be fulfilled as per defined quotas.

Thanks,

Rohit

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I see one KF in IBP 4.0 INDEPENDENTDEMAND@PERPRODLOC, is it also available for S&OP 3.0 version?

I am looking for a demand KF @PERPRODLOC here.

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Yes, Independent demand can be used in 3.0.2.3 version.

Thanks,

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Girish

The algorithm will not respect PERPRODLOC.

You will need to get the sales orders to PERPRODCUST levels by identifying the customers sold to I think

Vivek

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I see one KF in IBP 4.0 INDEPENDENTDEMAND@PERPRODLOC, is it also available for S&OP 3.0 version?

Girish

0 Kudos

Hi Girish

I doubt it but am not sure. I think that Key Figure was introduced afterwards in IBP on demand version.

You may want to check if you have access to system?

Vivek

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

An option I see is to bring past open sales orders into the current bucket of Consensus Demand.

One way to achieve this:

1. Have a KF which stores the past open sales orders per time bucket

2. Aggregate this KF into a total KF and put the value into the current bucket (you can refer to this post which explains how to aggegate YTD for example: )

3. Have Consensus Demand as calculated between customer demand and aggregated past sales order.  Being on premise, I don`t know if it will work to have Consensus Demand calculated instead of stored. If it doesn`t, then you can have an additional KF which makes the total and then use a copy operator to write the values into Consensus Demand.

Regards

Alecsandra

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alesaandra,

Thats one way to do that but there is another complexity that consensus demand is at PERPRODCUST whereas our sales order is coming either at plant directly or at intermediate warehouse so we need this sales order demand to get considered at PERPRODLOC.

Thanks

Girish

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alesaandra,

Girish