cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter a reason code when the status of the batch is set to restricted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to enforce a reason code, when the status of the batch is set to restricted. This includes transactions QA11, QA12, MSC1N and MSC2N. I have few options in mind but looking for best approach from the experts.

1. Create a characteristic named reason code and use an enhancement spot to make this field mandatory when the status of the batch is set to restricted. This should address MSC1N and MSC2N transactions.

2. Enhance UD screen to call the batch classification (Like the MIGO screen) and use the above mentioned logic from QA11 & QA12.

Please let me know if there is any better approach to address this requirement.

Thanks for your time and valuable suggestions in advance!

Sunil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- I did some quick search just now and got this link Batch Status Management - Batch Management (LO-BM) - SAP Library which states that

In addition, for each status, you can specify details as to where the batch can be used or why the batch is restricted, for example, blocking reasons such as faulty or spoilt. You store these comments as user-defined characteristics within theclassificationof the batch

I will try to get back on this if I get some more info as I explore.

Anand

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP ABAP is all flexible and may offer what you want with the approaches that you have mentioned! Possibly enhancement (though ideas for what kind of it should be are not striking in my mind right-now) is the only solution for this.

However the very first point that came to my mind when I was reading this thread is, how will you manage QA07 where the background job sets the batch status to restricted (upon fulfillment of the certain conditions of course) and that too in mass. I fear, it will be obstructed if you put the mandatory check. Just a thought!!

Anand