Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a long text in Vd51n

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing one problem, ie. I need to enter  some text At VD51 .

But the problem is present Customer Description is allowing only  up to 40  Character. And long text is allowing only 72  Characters only.

But i would like to enter more than 72  Characters. Just like MM01  Purchase order text.

Is there any possible to enter data. Can any body explain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the long text and click the Details . It will open into a Box where you can maintain all the texts.

Regards,

SRK

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply.While saving it is showing that text has been saved temporary. Is this any problem. I seen the note it is telling us that need to change the relevant package.

One more small questions.

What is X  in  check box beside to long text. Can u please me.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not an error, only an information message.

What happens if you press back and save?

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Yes Green Color message. it is saving, Just asking they given separate note, That's what

Should i implement or without shall i proceed.Just small confirmation that's what i raised a question. Data is saving i don't have any doubt. I checked it working fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you really sure abouth this restriction of 72 characters in VD51?

I seem to be able to paste a really huge paragraphs in the long text screen in VD51.

Also it seems possible to include standard SO10 texts.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe system will automatically take long text if it goes up 40 characters. Have you tried to written text ?? system should automatically convert it to long text.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. please have a look on below attached image.

Here in Customer Description i need to enter some data if i enter more than 40  it is not moving to left side which means it does not have much of capacity to store the data. In long text also same thing. But i need to enter much of data. Any information plz update me.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just follow the below steps,

step1. Just place the cursor on Customer description of material and press "Text" icon or press F5.

step 2 just double click on "Beginning of text"

I hope you will get long text.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes got the answer.