cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic Java System Availability Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently, we have been having sporadic availability alerts for our SAP EP System. See error below:

We know that these are false alerts since upon checking, the portal is available. Looked at the agent logs and there is nothing around why the alert is raised. I have checked the EP java logs, and there nothing as well. Came across "SAP Note SAP Note 2126491 - Error [RC=600] Start Page called Unsuccessfully in Availability Metrics in Technical Monitoring", followed the recommended solution and we still get this sporadic alerts.

Has anyone come across this? Any recommended solution?

Regards,

Jing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ruth_reilly
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jing,

If the alert is sent only sporadically, then it will be hard to identify the real root cause (likely an issue in the lower network layers, that "we" are not able to monitor)

Can you please check, if the threshold type is "already rated"? If yes, the common approach is to set the threshold type to "Already rated (Best of last n)", n=3. Using this type, the "one shot" alerts should be gone (only if n subsequent red ratings are received, the alert is being raised).

Most of the availability metrics are already changed to use "best of last n"

Regards,

Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruth. I totally forgot about that threshold type. I remember using that for one of our availability metrics.

Answers (0)