Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change val type in batch in tcode MSC2N

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are using valuation category X in which valuation type supposedly the same with batch. However we find cases where when we create PO by copying, the batch and val type is copied to new PO, and when user only change the batch number, the val type remain, thus when we receipt the PO we ends up with batch with different val type (val type is using the val type of the older batch).

Seeing from the old post, we suppose to be able to change the val type using tcode MSC2N, and automatically system will post mat doc with mov type 340 in the background. However when we execute MSC2N we see that the field is greyed out. We try with old tcode MSC2, and the field is available, but when we change it, we got error 'The batch still in stock".

We can reverse the GR, and then we can update the batch using tcode MSC2. However this not solving our issue, as when we want to GR, system still propose the wrong val type from PO, in which i cannot change it both in PO and also during GR itself, and if we proceed to post the GR we will end up where we're starting.

So my question is, shouldnt we able to update the val type in batch although it is still having stock using tcode MSC2N? I suppose the mov type 340 is supposedly a material document moving the stock from one val type to another right?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The valuation type field protection is probably controlled via the field selection from customizing

Logistics - General > Batch Management > Batch Master > Field Selection Batch Master >

Edit Field Selection Control

do you see there only dots or do you have other signs there?

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I actually have checked there, there are currently only 4 field reference: MSC1, MSC2, MSC3, MSC4. And only dots there, meaning all fields are optional.

Best regards,

John

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

debug LCHRGO01, looks like it is not possible to change batch in case of individual batch valuation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read this KBA document  1893299 - Valuation type cannot be changed due to the error M7661 in T-code MSC2N  ,you can get some light from this KBA.