cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File adapter Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using Sender file adapter (PI 7.31 version with SP 05)with Message Transform Bean(MTB).

But in some cases where file is not as expected format its not picking up the file and I see Error In adapter for same reason.

In such cases I would like to trigger an Alert and it should send a mail to responsible user.

I am new to Alerts, checked few blogs but need little clear understanding, please let me know the way to configure it.

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Siri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee\all

I have added java mail client settings as per blog.

But I am not sure on restart server again after these settings ..

I just did service restart but not server, is it OK or we need to do PI server restart only?

Also I am struggling to resolve one CVS file reading issue ,could you please look into it..

Regards

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help me to complete this, I need to raise email alert if File has wrong CSV structure or any other reason where sender file adapter  is not able to pick the file.

Regards

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

Thanks for your reply,Could you please eloborate..

I am using MTB as mentioned above.. I need to raise mail alert if I get invalid file (which is not as per out reading rules defined by channel)in my folder.

Regards

Siri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri

On 7.31 system you can configure CBMA to trigger email alerts on errors. The steps involved are thoroughly covered in the following blog.

You can either setup a default rule which will cover all errors for all scenarios, or a specific one to target your specific interface. Try it out and if you have further questions, let us know.

Rgds

Eng Swee

PS: Any reason to use MTB on the file channel when the File Content Conversion feature of the channel also achieves the same functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for your quick reply ,I will try given blog.

I am doing unzip and reading file ,so using MTB.

Not sure on if I can use FCC while using unzip in same channel.

Regards,

Siri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok now I understand. Yes, if you need to unzip first then you can't directly use the FCC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for confirmation..

I followed blog advised..

Placed wrong file in folder and I am getting channel error;but in Alert Job showing follwing message and no Mail is getting triggered.

I have choosen Sender agrement in Alert Rule as my scenario is classical.

Job status is "COMPLETED" with return code "0".

How to make sure that Channel error is captured..

Job AlertConsumerJob (ID: 415c05e9680e11e5ab5e0000003d8f92, JMS ID: ID:6E92010000000F07-000000000093) started on Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:30:14:031  by scheduler: 29c39bc0c5e911dd94440016353ceade

Info

0 alerts had been consumed and aggregated successfully.

Successfully perfromed an alert consumer task at Thu Oct 01 15:30:14  2015

Job AlertConsumerJob (ID: 415c05e9680e11e5ab5e0000003d8f92, JMS ID: ID:6E92010000000F07-000000000093) ended on Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:30:14:061

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee/Experts ,

Need help in triggering Alert when adapter is not picking the wrong file.

Now i have added Service interface to Alert rule in ID also.but still status showing Return code "0" and there is no mail getting triggered.

Regards

Siri

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siri,

To raise an exception for wrong file? What is wrong file?

I guess you need to raise custom beans to fail the channel in case of wrong files and trigger alerts.

@Eng Swee

Correct If I am wrong.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siri

I don't think the Sender Agreement rule is the correct category to get trigger the alert.

Try File Adapter instead.

If it still does not work, I'd suggest you try it with a Default Rule first to make sure that it is able to work correctly before fine-tuning it into a specific rule.

Note that you'd need to reproduce a new channel error after you have created the new rule and all associated settings.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for reply ..

Can we raise mail alert in this case with this approach or as Raghu said do we need to go for custom beans?

I have already added config like this..

and created new Task for run Alert Consumer Job in Admin.

0 alerts had been consumed and aggregated successfully

Return code      "0"

status                COMPLETED

but no email triggered for me.

-Channel has error for file conversion and not picking the file.

Could you please let me know where I am missing..

Regards

Siri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siri

No you don't need custom bean if you want the alert caused by content conversion in the channel.

Not really sure why you are not getting the alert.

Can you please delete all existing configuration, tasks and alert rule? Then recreate them from scratch using Default Rule.

If it still does not work, can you share screenshot of your rule and the job definition for the consumer.

Also, can you confirm that you have configured the Java Mail Client?

Rgds

Eng Swee