Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a JMS to IDOC scenario.

We are receiving special characters in PI which are giving below error message in SXMB_MONI. When I am putting the payload in ESR in my message mapping I am not seeing any error (as i think they are skipping parsing step there.)

The special characters are some weird non-English characters and symbols.

The same characters are processed without any issue in another interface in which we are receiving messages through REST adapter.

Can you please tell me how to pass these character to target without failure during parsing ?

P.S. I have gone through nearly 50 other articles on SCN regarding similar issues but am not finding anything similar to what I am facing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Please download payload from SXMB_MONI and attach it here. We can see which character is creating the issue.

Right click on payload and select download, save it as payload.txt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh --

Have you already tried "iso-8859-1" encoding rather than UTF-8 ?

just check below if it helps --

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

If you have already tried this and doesn't favored you; most likely the architecture need to be changed rather than using JMS think of shifting to SOAP if possible.

Regards,

Anudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the encoding works with JMS adapter level. I have tried XMLAnonymizerBean and message transform bean, to change encdoing to ISO-8859-1 but that is not working for me.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

what type of JMS transport proctocol used? is it MQ series?

are you able to see the spl characters in Payload??

can you try set the character set id CCSID in sender channel as the required format..

Former Member
0 Kudos

-> Yes it is MQ series. Websphere MQ (MQ Series)

-> In SXMB_MONI the payload is not opening properly. I am not seeing XML tags but rather payload without tags in the form of text.

-> What is CCSID? What do I need to put in that field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try set as UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1