cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Planning (Events) not getting saved in Live Cache correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Gurus,

Need your help in getting resolution to the issue I am getting.

Scenario: We are using two Fiscal Year Variants viz., Z1 and ZW. Z1 is used for planning in Period Buckets and ZW for Weekly bucket.

We have four important Data views:

1) Demand Planning - Periods: All the planning is done with reference to quantity.

2) Demand Planning - Weeks: All the planning is done with reference to quantity.

3) Demand Valuation - Periods: All the planning is done with reference to price

4) Demand Valuation - Weeks: All the planning is done with reference to price

In Demand Planning  - Periods and Weeks data view, we have are having below calculation. Apart from this we have other key figures and calculations but our issue if for the below:

Total Forecast = Base Forecast (Manually Editable Key Figure) + Events (Promotion).

We transfer Total Forecast data from APO to R/3.

When we are entering the data in Promotion Planning in weekly buckets which gets updated in EVENTS keyfigure, the data is fine in Demand Planning  - Periods and Weekly Data view since in this data view we have all the required Keyfigures (Total Forecast, Base Forecast and Events). In this data view we have default macro which Adds up Events and Base Forecast and updated Total Forecasts. Hence, here the Events are updated correctly.

But in Demand Valuation data view, we only have Total Forecast Key figure. Ideally Total Forecast in Demand Planning and Demand Valuation Weekly data should match but this is not happening. Data is Demand Valuation is updated differently. Note: We do not have any issue in any Period Data view (Demand Planning or Demand Valuation).

So there is some issue with updating the data in live cache with reference to the Weekly Data view.

Hope I was able to explain the problem statement.

Can anyone of you please help me in resolving the issue or any workaround we can have correct Total Forecast updated which should match to Demand Planning - Weekly Data view date.

PS: When we save the data manually in Demand Planning Weekly Data view then Demand Valuation Weekly Data view is updated correctly and matches Demand planning Weekly Data view.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,

Rakesh Wade.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Are you running Total Forecast calculation in background job or it is limited only to Default macro?  Default macro just calculates numbers randomly and displays it in planning book.  However it is essential to run Background DP job to calculate Total Forecast and save it in Livecache database.  Otherwise you may not have correct Total Forecast in Livecache for all the CVC combinations.

Please let me know.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your response.

We are running Total Forecast calculation daily (after business hr) also when ever user opens interactive planning, default macro runs to update Total Forecast.

But the issue is our planner can create Promotion any time in a day and can find discrepancy two different data views as mentioned above.

I will try to replicate the issue and will try to run Total Forecast job in background to see if this rectifies the issue. I will keep you updated.

Regards,

Rakesh Wade.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Please check if data in Total Forecast keyfigure is matched perfectly immediately after the overnight batch job.

If it do not match, then we will further assess the issue.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Yes, I ran the test in Quality and by running the background job manually for Weekly data view, the data is matching across all the Data Views.

Regards,

Rakesh Wade.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Yes, it is expected behavior, it has to match. I am glad it helped you resolve the issue.

If this answers your question follow this process to mark question as answered 

BTW, My name  - Satish..   (not Sachin)

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Sorry for addressing you as Sachin .

Regarding the issue, my problem is not resolved yet. The issue is as soon as user enters promotion, how can we make the data consistent across all the Data views. Since running the batch job will let the user to wait till the daily background job is run. And also we do not want the manual intervention by user to save Weekly data view.

What can be done so the data becomes consistent during runtime.

Regards,

Rakesh Wade.

Answers (0)