SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate a flag at installation level

former_member222701
Participant
0 Kudos

Our utility provides a particular service to customers that opt to receive it during the move in time, to make sure this service will be provided we activate a flag at the installation level.  Once this customers moves out this flag should be deactived, but it is not happening because the next customer that moves in to the same premise/installation is also receiving the same service as the prior customer.  I've check for closing meter reading and final billings and they are there.  Please let me know what else can I do to deactivate this flag.

thanks,

Valentina Solorzano

5 REPLIES 5

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valentina

Is this flag an installation fact?  If so there's an indicator on the related operand for "contract related".  If this is checked, then the installation fact is terminated when the contract is ended.

Regards

Astrid

0 Kudos

No, its not.  We do not use the fact fields, we manually enter the installation type depending on the service.  In this case we have customers in life support and the installation type is 0006, even though there is a move out the next customer that moves in retains thte installation type 0006.  We have the followin installation types:

0001-Apartment building

0002-Single-family home

0003-school

0004-Office Building

0005-Heating plant

0006-Life Support

The installation type should clear/stop at the move out.

Valentina Solorzano

0 Kudos

Hi Valentina,

Installation Type in the Installation is not used for any standard SAP Business process as such but it used for reporting purposes.

Here in your case it seems that there is a custom workflow/enhancement which works at move-in/move-out which updates the installation with the field.

Now as you say in your case this is not happening at move-out , so probably you should check the workflow/enhancement.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Once the installation type is set in our system it doesn't change unless the value is incorrect.  Our installation types relate to the kind of service being supplied, metered electric, metered water etc.

The categorization you have is primarily defined as premise type in our system and we track the life support classification at the contract account level, and then it does move automatically with the customer when contracts are terminated.

I think you would need some customization to get the functionality you are looking for.

0 Kudos

Hi Valentina,

I would recommend you to use the BOR object, MOVEOUTDOC, to update the Installation type using the standard FM,ISU_S_INSTLN_CHANGE at the time of move-out.

This will ensure that the same installation type value is not being available for the next customer who moves-in to the particular premise.

Also, please consider the reverse move-out scenario as well, where a customer having a life-support flag is move-out in error and have to be reversed back.In this scenario, the flag again has to be put back in place.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,
Amlan