Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Favorites on multiple SIDs

wolfgang_essmayr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We have multiple landscapes (PRD/QAS/DEV).

Since our consultants and developers have to switch frequently between landscapes, it would be nice, to have the same favorites on those multiple SIDs.

NWBC locally stores all favorites into one file containing the respective SID, if the favorite is system-dependet (ABAP/WDA application).

Is there any tool or possubility to "copy" favorites on multpile SIDs?

Many thanks,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wolfgang_essmayr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The discussion here shows, that there IS a strong demand from customers, that use NWBC as strategic SAP client (as we do), to communicate ideas and enhancements coming from using NWBC in production to SAP.
However, has anyone suggestions, how to bring NWBC favorites from one SID to another?

Many thanks,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

This sounds like it would be a useful feature and since NWBC stores favourites locally, should not be that hard to implement. Can I suggest you add it to this

No guarantees that it will make it into the product but worth a go, hopefully the NWBC product owner takes a look at that list for inspiration from time to time

Have you tried manually copying favourites and changing the SID...? Does it work?

Thanks,

Simon

wolfgang_essmayr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint (added row 32).

BTW, also added row 33, a long missing feature, IMHO.

Regards,

Wolfgang

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HHi everyone, As I have said several times, there will be no customer connection for the foreseeable future; therefore, we will NOT be implementing any improve,ent requests - either in this blig or anywhere else.

BEst wishes, Julie.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Simon,

TOo many people are still adding requests to this blog. When it started, we honestly thought there was a chance of implementing some of these reques. Now this will not happen.I do not want to delete this blog; therefore, I am going to have to ask you to lock it as a collaborative document - ie from now on, only you can edit this.

THanks and best wishes,

JUlie.

christianpunz
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Julie,

what does this mean for the future of NWBC? no customer connection, no improvements, no feature requests....no future for NWBC???

please reply, NWBC is our central UI in sales demos.

br

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

There was never any sort of guarantee that any of the suggestions would be implemented - its just a parking lot for ideas. I think this is clearly stated and hopefully fully understood by everyone reading and adding to the document. Of course if you insist I can close it off or you can remove it if you like, but it seems a shame to me, why not have a place to capture ideas, does it do that much harm?

Thanks,

Simon

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon and Julie

Is there anyway NWBC could get an Ideas Place section? It'd be a better way to get customer improvement ideas, support and then allow the Product team to decide if they should be delivered or not?

I can see Simon's view on adding to the document - stops everyone asking the same thing

Regards

Colleen

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, NO, absolutely not.

NWBC (probably renamed "SAP Business Client" in near future - but still the same product) remains strategic.

Have you read Simon's blog (link above)? If not, this needs to be read first. All my comments must be understood purely in the light of this blog.

The question is not: Is NWBC the standard for the Business Suite going forward - YES, it is. The question here is: What is the best channel for communication of improvement ideas between SAP and customers / partners?

Rather than start a comment ping-pong, I will probably discuss this offline with Simon and Colleen, and get back to you all asap. (This may take some time. Tbh, 2 weeks before Teched possibly isn't ideal timing for this conversation 😛 ).

Please be patient - and don't worry about NWBC - we're not going anywhere.

THanks and best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

christianpunz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

sorry for my alarmed message. I did not read all the scn-stuff due to massive overload. Now everything is clear to me, I will stay calm.

cu @teched Barcelona

br

chris

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chris - thanks for this. Don't worry, perhaps I didn't express myself very clearly in the original post.

Good to know you will be at Teched ;-).

BR Julie.