Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make the fields "Requirement quantity of the component" obligatory

YBS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Please, how I can make this field "Requirement quantity of the component" obligatory ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mika,

Just try whether this works

Transaction : OICMPD

I did an influencing for order type, changed the requirement quantity field has required.

When i create the work order, i will get a pop-up to fill the requirement quantity, unless it is filled, system will not allow you to enter the components.

SAP has designed the field selection at the Component details level, so i guess this should work for you.

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

As I touched upon in the beginning of my reply about this tcode, I am unable to find this field (Req.Qty) in my system. I am surprised you have it, I checked again now, but I could not find it. Obviously, if someone is having this field in OICMPD then there is no issue at all. He/She can have it mandatory from spro setting itself as we do in other cases (Notification, Order etc).

As I mentioned in previous reply,  it was with an assumption that like me the author too does not have this field in OICMPD, whereas yours is  just the otherway round. Let's hope Mika have this field in his OICMPD..

My system is ECC EHP0.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm the the Requirement Quantity field (RESBD-MENGE) is in my OICMPD settings too.

We have an ECC6 EHP6 system.

PeteA

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

I am also using ECC6 EHP6 system.

In case if you do not have Base Unit of Measurement, below note might be useful

1457695 - OICMPD: Cannot customize RESBD-MENGE and RESBD-EINHEIT

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the note Maria,

I had addressed this through exit years ago (as I told) alongwith other several checks (beyond obligatory) while Components entry into the Order.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mika,

I understood you have asked this question because you could not find this in spro settings (tcodes OICMPD and OICMPL). The reasons for not providing the Quantity field here is not known.

So I achieved the same requirement through user-exit. for this I had to put the following code in the include ZXCO1U23 of the user-exit PPCO0023.

IF is_component-bdmng = ''.
   MESSAGE 'Please Enter Quantity !' TYPE 'E' DISPLAY LIKE 'I'.
ENDIF.

EXIT.

When user gives the material code and hits the Enter button the following error is triggered.

Hope this helps you. You should test such solutions in your dev servers with the help of your ABAPer and satisfy yourself. As I sometimes say this too is a 2 min job for an ABAPer.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao