Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on rfc lookup

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello everybody,

we are working with a SAP PI 7.1 and we have a strange problem.

We had build a graphical mapping with a RFC lookup inside.

When we try to test this mapping in Quality system and Production system by PI mapping test tool we have an error:

Cannot perform RFC lookup
com.sap.aii.mapping.api.StreamTransformationException: Cannot perform RFC lookup

Root Cause:
com.sap.aii.utilxi.hmi.api.HmiMethodFault: Technical error when calling an adapter remotely. The HMI method with the ID process was called with an incorrect session status. The system accessor object is missing

when we try the same mapping in PI Devel system we don't have errors.

Other strange thing....we have error only by test tool. When we use interface in runtime....everything works fine. No errors.

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ivancola
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem. There is exception on test but no problem on runtime. Could you please let me know how can you resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Try re-transporting your mapping ALONG WITH your operation mapping from the dev system. Sometimes we see the parameter information get corrupt with our CTS transports only sending a mapping containing RFC lookup without its operation mapping. Then we override this with a file based transport and it normally works.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Can you check the user maintained in the RFC channel has the required authorisation for successful lookup.

Refer the below links where same issue has been answered.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Vishnu!

thanks for fast answer.

yes I already check this thread. Authorisations are ok!

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

If the interface is working end to end, but not in Mapping test tool, then in the RFC lookup code, you might be using some Dynamic header information. Since these will be populated at the run time, it might be the reason due to which you are not able to test in mapping test tool.

If the dynamic header is related to the business component, then you can test by maintaining the relevant component in the below way.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Vishnu!

I'm not using any code.

I use the standard function

I used it many time in many projects without problems

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

When you are testing through mapping tool, are you selecting the comm channel in Parameters tab since I assume you have used parameterised mapping in which the channel gets from Interface determination at runtime.

Pls refer the below blog.

Still if you are struck, then can you pls share the screenshots for better understanding of the root cause.

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think the problem is on the mapping.

In PI DEV we don't have any problems and the test tool work fine.

Also in runtime the interface work correctly. I guess the problem is in NW configuration or in Installation.

I re-transported the mapping but I still to have the problem. Seem the PI workbench (in TEST and PROD) is not able to call an RFC function.

we will open a SAP note tomorrow. Anyway thanks to evenybody!

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I agree with Aaron comments, can you pls try reimporting into QA from dev environment.

Also, just for sake, I could not see the structure in the screenshot which you have shared giving the RFC look up. And I assume, you have cross checked the RFC in ECC QA system and manually checked the outcome for a sample test value.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

Do you save the channel used in the Test -> Parameters tab in the message mapping object in Dev?

If yes, when you transport the object to QA/Prod, the channel used would still be referring to the Dev channel, which is invalid in the QA/Prod environment.

In QA/Prod, after you open the mapping object, try and reselect the RFC receiver channel in the Test -> Parameters tab.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello guys!

we tried everything.

Seem is a problem on installation. So we opened a SAP note.

thanks to everybody!

Alex

arrezende
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

You have set the communication channel during your test? For this, access the tab Test -> Parameters and select your channel...

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi alexander,

thanks for fast answer.

yes I do that!

this is not the problem.