Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find a class?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm debugging a standard SAP webdyn pro method, but now I stopped because I'm not sure how to debug the below statement

" Raise an FPM event, that filter has been changed

cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( )->raise_event_by_id(

iv_event_id   = 'KT_DROP_DOWN_UPDATED'

).

I'm keep on hitting the F5 button but no use because my debugging went inside the FPM area and all the FPM's generic code is triggering

Pl. let us know how debug the above statement  and in which CLASS this event ('KT_DROP_DOWN_UPDATED') is defined (or) where this event's ('KT_DROP_DOWN_UPDATED') associated code is written, normally by seeing the above statement how an ABAPer can figure out that which CLASS has this event's code is residing?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you still unable to find the code associated with that event from above solutions, Just use SE38 Program namely RS*ABAP*SCAN (search with this string) & provide your component name and search string as input and execute.

It will show the places where that string is used.Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which type of component you are using POWL , GUIBB or Floorplan.

Actually this statement is used for raising the event explicitly without user interaction.

If this is a web dynpro this is not related to class, but this is related to your standard component configuration.

There is one element which name is element ID is defined as the KT_DROP_DOWN_UPDATED

you can check the same in configuration.

Thanks

Nishant

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per code it looks like there is one custom event created with name "KT_DROP_DOWN_UPDATED", and it is raised to execute the code written.

You can find this Event name in PROCESS_EVENT or GET_DATA method of your feeder class.

The code will be like below :

This is for FORM PROCESS EVENT.

CASE io_event->mv_event_id.

WHEN 'KT_DROP_DOWN_UPDATED'.  this could be defined in global attribute section

<custom code will go here>

ENDCASE.

Put a breakpoint at Case and check value of "io_event->mv_event_id", as soon as this "KT_DROP_DOWN_UPDATED" event will raised you will see this in above said variable.

Note: Break-point will only hit if this event is handled in code.

Hope this will help.

Thanks-

Abhishek