Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual valuation during result recording

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

When I was doing results recording, system is giving a Popup message "Manual Valuation - Accept/Reject". As against automatic valuation it is asking for manual valuation.

Based on previous SCN thread , I have checked in table QASV , where for this inspection lot in production system, the valuation rule is showing A1 (Manual valuation).

I replicated the scenario in test system for same material/Plant where automatic valuation happened (same results recorded and with same GR qty for process order). And when I checked in table QASV in test system, for that inspection lot, the Valuation rule is 40 (valuation by attribute code) and for some Characteristic 70 (mean value within tolerance range).

I could not understand why valuation rule is A1 in production system and how A1 is getting selected.

I require your valuable inputs for further analysis and problem resolution.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check (in inspection plan) if you have used the same sampling procedures in your test system as used in Production server. Valuation rule is something that comes from Sampling Procedure. It also has the dependency on what type of MIC you are using qualitative or quantitative.

What is your requirement? You want to understand from where the valuation rule gets updated in QASV or you want to set up automatic valuation instead the manual? Also, if you can mention the thread that you referred earlier (which has connection this thread) would help us better to understand the background.

Anand

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand Rao,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I checked the sampling procedure used in Inspection plan in both test and production system and found both are same. The MICs are quantitative and I used same values for results recording in both system.

Our requirement is automatic valuation should happen instead of manual valuation in production system.

The earlier thread I referred was  https://scn.sap.com/thread/3227462

Can you please give me your valuable inputs for resolution of the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan,

Hope you have already carried out the necessary checks that Martin had suggested and done the plant specific configuration also mentioned in the thread. I think with these 2 it should work. Additionally just check what valuation mode you have selected in the sampling procedure. Have you assigned different sampling procedures to qualitative and quantitative MIC? What valuation rules each of these procedures have?

Anand

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand Rao,

Also one more observation. We could see the Inspect column is Showing Zero (attached screen shot) where as in test system it is showing value 1.

Can you please give inputs why this would have happened as this is also causing ABAP dump error when we try to record results by expanding.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is difficult to guess why the dump occurred there unless you have an ABAPer with you to analyse it in ST22. If I see QE03 screenshot it is clear that the sample size is not calculated for that inspection lot as inspect column is showing Zero. And hence I am sure there is something which is  not correct in the sampling procedures you used. Could you please throw some light on the queries that I had asked earlier?

1. Have you assigned different sampling procedures to qualitative and quantitative MIC?
  2. What valuation rules you have set in Sampling procedure?
  3. Also request you to compare the sampling procedure in Production and test servers? I assume that in Production you are getting expected results of auto closure.

Anand