Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Single Stack

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

Can you please let me know if I plan to change my Integration Directory objects from Dual stack to Single stack using the migration tool in the same system. Will that cause any conflict.

Also to convert ccBPM objects to single stack, we need to design everything from scratch or we can resuse ceratin parts?

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Dual stack to Single stack using the migration tool in the same system. Will that cause any conflict

>>> You can use the tool to migrate the ID objects to Single Stack. However you need to config the related Java Adapters to be made available for configuration. Refer following for details:

Also to convert ccBPM objects to single stack, we need to design everything from scratch or we can resuse ceratin parts

>>> AFAIK there is no tool as such to migrate the ccBPMs directly to Single stack. You need to design / develop it newly in NWDS as per the logic in your existing ccBPMs.

Regards,
Azhar

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Thanks for the below.

We have few scenarios in our system like,

Multiple receivers

File Chunking

Parameterised mapping

Extended receiver determination

Variable Substitution

Is there any limitation on the same when we move to single stack. Also other than what is mentioned above are there any other limitations on ID objects.

Regards,

Abhi

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek

For all these scenarios there should not be any problem while migrating.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Is there any limitation on the same when we move to single stack. Also other than what is mentioned above are there any other limitations on ID objects.

>>>> Nope, you should be able to migrate this to Single stack without any issues. You need to check if there are any ABAP stack related developments done in your old PI system (PI ABAP stack look up, ABAP Mappings, ccBPM). If yes, then these need to be redesigned for Java only version.

In ID side you need to use corresponding Java Only Adapters like: IDOC will be IDOC_AAE, XI with SOAP, HTTP_AAE so on.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar