cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio BIP mode - prefilled URL in CITRIX

0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have recently installed Design Studio 1,5 SP01 in our CITRIX servers. Usually, the user profile is cleaned up after the user logs off. This is a problem as we would like the tool to be opened directly connected to the BI platform, and not in local mode as it is initiated by default.

After some file searching, I found the file com.sap.ip.bi.zen.ui.prefs, where you can set the Startup.mode. In the end we have designed a script that places the file with the correct parameter in the folder, and that works fine.

The problem comes when we try to find a similar option to pre-fill the Web Service URL. We have 3 systems, dev, qa and prod, and we would like them to be available for the user when he opens the application. However, I have not been able to find the xml or config file where this is stored, and after the session is closed, the list is empty.

I tried also to do a script that places the complete Analysis-workspace in the user profile, but this is not really the solution, as then my username will appear. Could you give me a hint please?

Thanks !

Best Regards

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

unfortunately there is no answer to this thread. At the moment we are packinging Design Studio 1.6 and have the same question. I do not find any documentation about this.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

We are working at the Moment with the Workaround that I explained and considering installing the Design Studio Client in local machines instead of the CITRIX Environment. It is even more complex when you want to use some Extension. As the profiles are deleted when the user logs off, the extensions Need to be installed each time the user Needs them.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

sorry, in which file you saved, the Web Server URL? I can't find any configuration file.

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

found the file which contents the information: C:\Users\XXXXXX\Analysis-workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.sap.ip.bi.zen\cache

You habe to encode the string after "/LogonHistory/com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.biplatform/Systems=\t," 

https://www.base64encode.org/

Regards

Frank