cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wagetype Transfer Issue on Payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am just picking up payroll programming. The picture below refers.

The content of the amount column of the wage type 1270, which is a from a paid absence entry (here the number of days entered is 10 ) is meant to be being added to the rate column in wagetype 9231, which is meant to form a basis for tax calculation.  I need to remove the values 01 & 010 that is being copied from the wagetype 1270 and leave just the amount 48,000 so that addwt command can sum up with the initial 166666.67.

In essence, I want to know how to delete the items in the columns.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you identify the PCR which copies 1270to 9231, accordingly we can make changes to that PCR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can, I created the PCR. Please find below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, in your first screen, can you click F1 on the values you want to delete and send a screenshot, so we can understand what 01 & 0101 indicate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 01 is

Absence assignment

The 010 is

Time/Measurement Unit

This is a numeric key for time and measurement units. Certain keys have a fixed meaning in the program and may not be changed.

The associated field is used differently for input and output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Am not sure how we can delete these fields. Instead, in your PCR, instead of adding 1270 directly to 9231, you can add 1270 to a variable.

Then add the variable to 9231.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, replace ADDWT 9231 with:

ADDWT&9231 (variable 9231)

RTE=& 9231

ADDWT 9231

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tania,

I had tried all that before posting in the forum, it still copied the other fields into the variable and then it transfers it into the wagetype when i eventually do the addition.

I have resorted to creating a custom operation in order to manually delete it from the table. I just want to know if there is a way of doing it without resorting to abap coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

1) In your PCR, replace ADDWT 9231 with ADDWT&9231

2) Create a new PCR with the below lines:

RTE=& 9231

ADDWTI9231

Call this PCR using ACTIO & place it after the previous PCR.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had not noticed that you had posted this pcr at lunch time when I first answered you, so I would suggest that you modify it as following:

NUM=1

MULTI ANR

ZERO= NA

ELIMI YZ

ADDWT 9231

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I had already created a custom operation and then used that to delete the values, but now I tried it with the ELIMI operation as you advised and i also works perfectly.

Thanks alot, problem solved!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to identify the pcr that transfers the Amount of WT 1270 into the Rate of WT 9231, and modify that pcr to add Operation ELIMI YZ before Operation ADDWT 9231.

Note that if there are more Operations after ADDWT 9231, it may be better to resets these 2 splits using Operation RESET YZ.

I would also suggest that you read the documentation on Payroll Operations ELIMI and RESET since they can be very useful, but I will also warn you that splits are usually there for something, so think twice before eliminating them (they may be required by WT 1270 but could probably be removed from WT 9231).