cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping portal content during upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading our NW 7.0 dual stack system to NW 7.31 dual stack.

We are facing below issue in configuration phase -

Sep 29, 2015 4:57:06 PM [Info  ]: Copy operation from file /usr/sap/DFS/DVEBMGS01/j2ee/configtool/config.properties to file /usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/tmp/portalContent has been executed.

Sep 29, 2015 4:57:06 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Error while executing Task with input file CopyParsLibsForMigration.

xml and task COPY_PORTAL_LIBS.

Could not finish Copy operation with parameters fromFile: '/usr/sap/DFS/SYS/global/pcd/pcdStartup.properties' toDir: '/usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/tmp/portalContent'. Check whether the current user has

sufficient permission to execute this operation.

Cannot copy /usr/sap/DFS/SYS/global/pcd/pcdStartup.properties to directory /usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/tmp/portalContent.

Input output exception has occurred: fileName: /usr/sap/DFS/SYS/global/pcd/pcdStartup.properties.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: fileName: /usr/sap/DFS/SYS/global/pcd/pcdStartup.properties

I checked that we do not have pcd directory existing under global directory so I followed link -

And Updated SharedInputCatalog.xml and SharedInputCatalogForProcOverview.xml file with parameter false but still SUM is giving same error and changing parameter value to TRUE when I hit restart.

Tried with SUM stop and start also but same issue.

Please suggest how can we solve this issue, Which other file SUM is reading for this activity.

Deletion of these lines also did not help and SUM put back these lines in SharedInputCatalog.xml and SharedInputCatalogForProcOverview.xml.

Regards,

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam,

Just as an opening question, what is the product type of your dual stack ?

With very few exceptions (eg: PI) a DSS is required before upgrading existing dual stack systems.

KR,

Amerjit

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam

Could you refer the SAP KBA, I think it is permissions issue,

1853954 - Error while executing Task with input file ConfigTasks.xml and task ENABLE_JOB_EXECUTION

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

It is not permission issue and OSS note does not meet our error.

As I mentioned we even do not have directory PCD so we have to do somehow ignore Portal Migration .

Regards,

Shivam