cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned order conversion issue in APO due to storage location of components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I am facing the following issue in SAP APO system. I have finished material A at production location(FA01) which used BOM components B,C and D.

In the BOM for A, the components C and D are maintained at storage location "Sloc1" which is configured for FA01. But in the material master , the BOM components C and D are actually maintained in storage location "Sloc2" which is configured for supply warehouse FA02. During the planned order conversion from APO of finished good A in FA01 , I get the following queue error

"Material C in Sloc Sloc1 of plant FA02 not maintained"

"Material D in Sloc Sloc1 of plant FA02 not maintained"

Has anyone else faced this issue ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

SAP released the following two OSS notes 808891 recently( APO->R/3: Material not maintained for storage location) and 808698(APO->R/3 Checking component storage locations). These 2 notes fixed the issue. Thank you all for your time and responses.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

In MRP 3 of material master we have Planning material and planning plant . might be this fields would be helpful to you to solve your current problem.

Please reward if clue was helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Pabba

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP APO does not recognize the special procurement type of the components and assigns the master output's plant to the components also during creation or a change of a planned order in SAP APO.

When such a planned order is backupdated from R/3 for key completion the components get updated with the Plants from R/3 as per the Master data settings there.  When the conversion indicator is set for this planned order, the conversion succeeds as the appropriate plants are present for the components.

Please refer OSS note 926779 - APO->R3: Storage location XXXX not yet created for material

Use enhancement  PPAPO007 and code correction given in SAP note 926779.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar:

The OSS 926779 was not compatible with SAP 6.05 version. After implementing this it did not work.

Raised a SAP OSS message and hope that they revert back with a suitable fix.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

If both storage locations are valid for the material then assign the other in MMSC transaction. Try and let me know.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul:

Thanks for the response. The business wants to maintain the data in this way. i.e. The components

have a special procurement key at the production location(FA01) which has withdrawal from another

plant(FP12). i.e the issuing plant