cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test budget tolerence limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Gurus,

How can I test the budget tolerance configuration that I have done for project?  I have created budget profile and tolerance limit and assigned budget profile to the project.  I have created budget for L1 WBS (CJ30), Released the budget (CJ32). The Availability control is active (CJBV).

When time is entered for project WBS, the tolerance limit needs to be check before time is approved.  Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.  Testing was successful.  I had to transfer the cost (CATA) to the project in order to trigger the budget availability control.

Shirley

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

I am afraid the standard system will not do that.  Time is not transferred before it is approved, and the budget control will not trigger before the transfer.

Also the purpose of CATS is to reflect the reality or the facts and so it does.  If someone worked 10 hours you cannot record just 1 for example.  It is not the CATS issue, but the budget issue.

Regards,

Paulo

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley.

I assume that your tolerance limit settings is for all Target groups.

You can check it by simply creating a PR/PO or doing a FI posting against the WBS for the amount which is more than your budget and system should give you an error message..  Same holds good for time transfer using CATA or CAT5/CAT7.

Are you not getting any errors for budget exceed?

Regards

Sammar

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

please test by creating PR/PO/posting any actuals for WBS where budget is allocated.

if you are posting timesheet tolerance limit should trigger while timesheet posting.

please check below document on budget and tolerance limit:

thanks

Sunil