cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saplogon pad version stored anywhere in backend sap system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - we are trying to get a listing of what SAPLogon pad version users are using to connect to our SAP system.  I had thought perhaps this info was stored somewhere inside the SAP system/db somewhere - and could just be found there -- does anyone know?  (I checked our EW Alert report and it doesn't have any of this type of info).  We have thousands of users - so need an easy way to pull this type of info (so we can go tell them to upgrade their SAPGUI to higher level where needed, etc)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

If you want a non-programmatic way to do this, you can just look in SM04. By default, the GUI version isn't displayed, but it's available as another column that can be in the list. Go to Settings -> Layout -> Current and add GUI Version to the displayed columns and save it. That should stick for future runs by the same user of SM04.

It's not persistent data, so you can only capture it for users currently logged on. What I did during our big SAPGUI upgrade push was every day sort the list by GUI version, then capture those rows that were not up-to-date and save them in an Excel spreadsheet. I had to vary the time of day, as some people would logon only in mornings, or only in afternoons, etc, so it took time to capture everyone.

It's not automatic like Cristiano's solution, requires more manual labor, but if it's a one-time thing and you don't want a custom development for it, it'll work as a quick-and-dirty way.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Just to add more about the logon user exit:

SAP note 37724 - Customer exits in SAP logon

If you intend to use this approach, then please consider testing about the GUI type first, as the logon user exit is not supported via WEBGUI (SAPGUI for HTML). SAP note 1465767 (Logon user exit SUSR0001 not called) tells a bit more about this limitation.

Kind regards,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I didn't know about this SM04 column.

Note that it is not available in Netweaver 7.40 (EhP7).

I tested in release 7.31 and 7.02, and the GUI version is presented.

Thanks,

Cris

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dang. You're right. I just went and looked at our (so far) only 7.40 ABAP system, and it's not available. That's disappointing, and seems like an opportunity for a development request, though is it really a development if it's a reinstatement of something that previously existed?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben, Matt,

I discussed this matter with a colleague.

This is information is available: SAP note 748424 (Evaluation of SAP GUI versions and patches): terminal ID, user ID and SAPGUI version/patch level are returned.

@Matt: about SM04, I will do some digging.

Cheers,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The reason why a few columns were removed is available in SAP note 2169415.

Cheers,

Cris

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Cris. Glad to see it's coming back in 7.5 -- maybe it'll be downported to 7.4 at some point? We can hope. Anyway, good find on the Note.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

AFAIK this is not stored in SAP database, neither in the Security Audit Files (only the terminal name/IP address is recorded).

But you can make a custom program to execute during the logon (there is a user logon exit that can be used).

Thus, you can use method GET_GUI_VERSION from class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES and store this in a custom table.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Cris