cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter is not working after export to csv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a WEBI report on Universe Design Tool my requirement is to show last 7 days data. I created the formula and added in the filter. When i export it in csv format it shows all the data seems like the filter is not working. When i export it in other formats such as webi, pdf and excel format it shows the 7 days of data. Can anyone of you help me out to fix this issue?

I appreciate your help and time.

Thanks,

Shehzad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you folks for your suggestions. I will create the formula at BEx query level to filter the data. You can close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shehzad,

Save as CSV exports the raw data coming from the query whereas Save as Excel exports the report data.

If you apply filter at report level, the data of CSV will not get filtered as it is the dump of result set fetched from queries.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to export in CSV format with you filter, you have to apply it on the query.

If you apply it in the document, the CSV export doesn't be filtered.

My advice is to create a predifined filter in UDT, apply it in the query, and now you can export in CSV format with the filter.

Regards,

PLM

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

export as CSV archieve and see if it works.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for prompt reply Amit. It is working with CSV archive but i need to schedule the webi report from CMC and there i do not have any option for CSV archive. There are only four options, webi, excel, pdf, csv and txt. When i select csv it showed all the data.

Is there any way i can schedule export on daily basis from WEBI?

Thanks,

Shehzad

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

with scheduling it will work like this only..other option is to export in excel and manualy save as in csv format.or search on goole you will get some utility which convert the excel to csv format when the file come at particular location.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

schedule to save as txt, if you really need to save as csv (with commas sepparating the values) try this,

insert an extra column in your report between each data column (set  the value of this column to ',').

When scheduling it, choose the format as text, and in the name of the file set name.csv

Regards,

Rogerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rogerio,

I followed your work around but when i export it as a text file and set the name abc.csv. After exporting it shows the file name as abc.csv.txt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must set the commas in the table header as well.

When schedulling the document as text, don't add reserved space in the file name. My guess is that tbe scheduler is adding .CSV because you set the reserved space for the file extension.

Please check it,

Regards,

Rogerio