cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link a Contact to Interaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are building a POC on 1508 release. We are planning on loading data via CSV files. Data comes from a SAP CRM system (via a BW system extract).

First we need to load Interaction Contact records as we have extended the Contact data Model with a few extension fields.

Then we want to load Interactions (which represents various CRM transaction types). My question is on which field is the link done between interactions and contacts.

From reading various slide packs, it seems as standard it is done via the "Contact "email. Our problem is that source data will probably not have email address for many customer records.

Can't we link interactions and interaction contacts on the basis of the CRM customer ID? Which field in the CSV templates should we use for this purpose?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

ORIGIN_ID and ID (part of interactions import) are checked first then if they are same then contacts/interactions gets matched/merged.  In your case, "CRM" can be ORIGIN_ID and "cust ID" will be the ID. 

The match/merge by email/phone comes into play if the contacts/interactions coming from different ORIGIN_ID's i.e. when data loaded from various source systems.

Two addtional things to consider:

1. In projects: CRM data loaded via SLT and non-SAP data loaded via SAP Data Servies.
  CSV import is usually good for POC's.

2. CSV import may hard code ORGIN_ID for contacts import.  So, you may need load interactions first and then contacts.

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think I have seen ORIGIN_ID and CUST_ID in the Contact csv template.

Can you clarify which field heading you are referring to in the csv? Same question for the Interaction template as I can only remember the ORIGIN_ID field (from memory).

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You will see ORIGIN_ID and ID in the interaction file.  You can download the template right from the import tab in the applicaiton.  Also, please go through the following blog that explians how to do very simple yMKT POC. http://scn.sap.com/community/rds-hybris/blog/2015/06/22/how-to-do-a-quick-poc-with-sap-hybris-market...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no problem loading Interactions. I have read your blog and used it earlier today. So I can see my contact and the interaction (in the contact factsheet). I have used SAP_CRM_BUPA as "Origin_ID" and the CRM BP number as "ID".

So far so good!

I now need to extend the contact record with an additional field. I have added one additional field to Contact called "CRI Score". I need to load this "CRI score" value against the already loaded contact.

I suspect I need to load it using the Contact csv file template.

I don't know in what field I should populate the CRM BP ID in order to update the Contact record in hybris (via the Merge mechanism). Also you seem to indicate that I should find the "ORIGIN_ID" field in the contact template as well. But it's not there.

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Have you reviewed our inbound interface guide which is available at http://help.sap.com/mkt and direct link is https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100012476442015E/

CSV import of "contacts" defaults ORIGIN_ID as SAP_FILE_IMPORT as per the above guide.    However it has "ID" field which can be the CRM BP ID. 

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have finally managed to load my Contact and link it to an existing one. After many trials, the conclusion is that the key field to join a previously loaded interaction with a contact is the email, not the ID or ID_ORIGIN which I can even leave empty.

Without an email, the system creates a separate contact.

This causes a problem for our POC as our source data will not systematically have customer email addresses.

Can you confirm the behavior I have observed?

Do we need to modify the BADI responsible for merging interactions and contacts if we want the merging to be done on the basis of CRM BP number instead of email?

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,  if you leave ID_ORIGIN or ID empty during CSV upload, the system will generate ID automatically.  Hence, the match is happening only by email or phone no.

For example, if you upload following two interactions which doesn't have email address ( l left it blank deliberately), then this will create 2 interactions but 1 contact because it matches by ORIGIN_ID and ID.

SAP_CRM_BUPA;1001;WEB;WEBSITE_REGISTRATION;20150205124748;BIG_DATA;;;;5;;;;;;;;;;www.clickstreamer.com/websession-id=01234;;;bha Doe;bha;Doe;;;;X;;X;X;X;4;4;Sample text;Sample text;123456.12;Sample text;Sample text;Sample text SAP_CRM_BUPA;1001;WEB;WEBSITE_REGISTRATION;20150205124750;BIG_DATA;;;;5;;;;;;;;;;www.clickstreamer.com/websession-id=01234;;;bha Doe;bha;Doe;;;;X;;X;X;X;4;4;Sample text;Sample text;123456.12;Sample text;Sample text;Sample text