Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVM 2.1: LVM_Job_ProcessExecutor & LVM_Job_Monitoring not scheduled

Pierfa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi !
I have installed the LVM 2.1.

After the installation I performed the Conf. Wizard as per Installation Guide.

Anyway, seems that something is missing because I have these message:

I followde the Link, but I canot find a task called LVM_Job_ProcessExecutoror  LVM_Job_Monitoring

How can I schedule these Jobs ??

Regards

P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benny_maercz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pierfrancesco,

you need to go to the SAP Netweaver Administrator of your LVM System. In NWA go to "Operations->Jobs" and select "Java Scheduler". In the "Java Scheduler" select the "Task" tab. In this tab you should see at least the following Jobs which should be in the "active" state:

These Jobs execute the monitoring operations inside LVM. Without them, you will not see any status updates of the SAP instances and Hosts in your LVM system. Normaly these jobs are automatically scheduled if you run the Configuration Wizard.

Kind regard,

Benny Märcz

Pierfa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok seems that are scheduled...

But the messages are still there.

THX

P

benny_maercz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar problem recently. In my case the jobs were also scheduled, but could not be executed. In my case, I saw a lot of Jobs in "ERROR" state in the Jobs tab of the Java Scheduler. Maybe you can find out more details, when looking at the failed jobs. Did you already have a look at the "Log Viewer"? You should see more details there, why your jobs run into "ERROR" state.

In my case I also saw several jobs in the "STARTING" state which could not be executed. They seemed to block any new job. Finaly it turned out that there was some kind of inconsistency between the local UME database and the LDAP directory. UME pointed to some non-existing LDAP groups. My problem could be solved by running the UME consistencies check tool to repair the inconsistencies (described in SAP note 1016283).

Your issue might be differnt, but maybe it helps.

Best regards,

Benny

Pierfa
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my case I also saw several jobs in the "STARTING" state which could not be executed. They seemed to block any new job.

I have also a lot of JOB in status STARING:

What can be the root cause of this ??

Regards

P.

benny_maercz
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know. I'm not using the LanscapeWatchDog. Do you also see jobs in "ERROR" state? I would propose to look into the log viewer. Maybe you will see more details there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pierfrancesco,

Usually the job gets started automatically after a while so, if you check the system after sometime the alert should go away.

As a first step ensure that the initial configuration wizard was executed successfully as per the official documentation (here's the link):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_lvment21/helpdata/en/4e/4947eb07c15425e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

after executing the wizard, wait for sometime and if it still doesn't start, you can manually start the jobs/tasks in NetWeaver Administrator:

Logon to NWA: http://<local host>:<http port>/nwa

Go to "Operations" tab  >>  "Jobs"  >>  "Java Scheduler"  and you can find these under the tabs "Jobs" and "Tasks".

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards,

Adarsh