cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP Excel Add-in 5.2 button Disappearing

eric_dodds
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I've recently installed the latest version of the IBP Add-in (5.2) and the IBP button is no longer appearing in the Excel Ribbon.

I've tried the Options -> COM Add-ins fix on the FAQ but that isn't working. Even after I check the box, the button is still not appearing.

Anyone else seeing this issue and able to over-come it?

I am using MS Excel version 14.0.7145.5000

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Did you also check Add-Ins -> Disabled Items?

After you manage add-ins it is required to restart excel.

Regards

Alecsandra

eric_dodds
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, that is exactly the problem. The addin is disabled.

However, when I go to "Option -> Add-Ins -> Manage -> Com Add-Ins -> Check IBP Add-in for Microsoft Excel" it doesn't appear to stick. I've tried restarting Excel and it is still disabled upon restart.

It might be an Excel issue, but I was curious if anyone else had the same problem and found a solution.

Thanks,
Eric

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

You can enable the add-in:go to Disabled Items -> Select IBP add-in -> click Enable  

Then ensure that add in is also available under COM add ins.

This usually happens when Excel session closes down unexpectedly and user clicks OK on the pop up which confirms to disable the add-in.

Hope this helps

Alecsandra

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric

Can you please try the following if this works for you?

1. Go to IBP Add-In- AddInManager Folder.

2. Double click RegAddin.exe file. This will create the registries in your system.

3.  In the same folder AddIn Manager, there is an executable file: AddInManager.exe

4.  Double click on it and a pop-up window will appear. Select FPMXLClient.Connect and change Load mode from Disabled to Auto-Load and click Save.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

eric_dodds
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The disabled items was the issue. I didn't realize that disabled items had it's own dropdown
in addition to the COM add ins.

Thanks for the help and quick responses!

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

if the issue is solved, can you please mark it as answered? Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member675136
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also similar issue. The IBP excel add-in is not in list of disable items and also under com add-in the IBP excela dd-in check box is checked.

former_member194529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanta,

You may check the following KBA to troubleshoot: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2476762

Best,

Ivan