cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download / Print via SAP BI Mobile App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

actually we are running a crystal report via SAP BI Mobile App on an iPad.

So far everything is working. Now we are trying to export this report as pdf or to print it via iPad.

I found a download button within the report, but to be honest I didn't find the report on the device.

Maybe someone of you already did something similar or you have any idea how to solve that request.

Best regards,

Gerardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerado,

There are 2 areas you need to look into:

1. Security Access

2. Correct Steps

For point #1 do check with you Administrator.

Note:

If you are using BI platform 4.1 or BI 4.1 SP1, the negative mobile application rights that are granted via the CMC take precedence over the above client settings (properties).

For example, if the right To save documents to the local store of a device is not granted to the user in the CMC, users cannot download BI documents to their device even if the offlineStorage property is set to true in the client settings.

Also note that if the right to save documents is granted in the CMC, but offlineStorage=false in client settings, users cannot download BI documents to the mobile device.

Only when the right is granted and offlineStorage=true that users can download/save BI documents to the device

For point #2

Pls confirm if you are following below steps:

a. Tap the (Download) symbol that appears over the document tile. The app prompts you to assign categories to the BI document while downloading it.

b. You can assign the document to multiple categories by selecting the available Personal categories from the list or by creating a new category. Once assigned, tap Done.

Reg,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thanks for your hints, I'll check that and let you know!

Thanks,

Gerardo

kathleen_brisson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

Have you found a solution?

Thanks,

Kathleen

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

Today there is no way to Print the report from Mobile BI App. I would suggest that you go ahead and post/vote up in Idea Place. SAP BusinessObjects Mobile: Home

Regards,

Ashutosh