cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregate Filters

jeff_crisp
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am struggling with a report build and I am hoping the community can help me out.

I run a simple report with 4 fields and my data looks like the following:

Field1Field2Field3Field4
Name100Long Name 1
Name201Long Name 2
Name300Long Name 3
Name411Long Name 4
Name510Long Name 5
Name6121Long Name 6
Name7130Long Name 7
Name8141Long Name 8

I apply a break over Field2 so that values are grouped together.  I then apply a count over Field 1. 

I get everything fine to this point, but what I am then wanting to do and only return data where the count(field1) is greater than 1.  I attempted to create a variable that was COUNT(Field1) and apply a filter over that, but it excludes everyone because it is just counting that row and not the whole table.

Any advice on how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create variable  Var==Count([Field1]) In ([Field2])

Apply Filter on Var is greater then 1.

It will exclude the values which are equal to 1 or less.

Amit

jeff_crisp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Amit,

I created a variable based on your explanation, but I think something went wrong.  Here is my calculation:

=Count([field1] In ([field2]))

When I add this variable to the report, it just shows 1 for the distinct values.  For the rows that are duplicated, I get 0 for those values.  I can work with this and just apply my filter where the variable is equal to 0, but I am not sure why I did not get the count number like you were stating I should get.

Thanks

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use this.

=Count([Field1]) In ([Field2])

in your formula  closing bracket of count is in after field 2.With this even i am getting 1 or 0 records.

=Count([field1] In ([field2]))

Try with my above solution.

Amit

jeff_crisp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Worked like a charm.  Thanks!

Answers (0)