cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing file size of 10 mb at sender side file adapter is not coming to SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am processing the file size with 10 MB of data through sender side file adapter. The file is getting picked up at sender side but it is not coming to MONI but when checked it in RWB message monitoring, the error is coming like system error stating"Transmitting the message to endpoint
http://host: port/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to:
com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error transmitting the message over HTTP. Reason: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server"

Please help me to get out of this error and your help would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Please check the channel log and try to ping the channel or check whether the remote server can be reached from SAP PI.

Also go to tcode -RZ10 and check the parameter vmcj/max_vm_heap_MB is set or not?

if not set it to your desired file size.

please refer the below thread.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

I have ping the cc and it is working fine. The thread you given is matches to my requirement but there is no exact solution given.

And I have a doubt that vmcj/max_vm_heap_MB profile parameter is actually set to be by Basis team or our PI side?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

If  message not reached to MONI, then issue may be while convert huge data to XML by adapter due to memory issue (RAM).

So please try with - record set per message option/ poll interval should be sufficient enough to pick the huge file.

if your scenario is simple file 2 file, then enable chunk mode and set QOS as EOIO and define max.size for chunks. (advance mode--chunk mode--max.chunk size/max. file size).

Or Use OS level script to split large file and then process by using file adapter.

Also check with basis team about possibility of increase heap size parameters.

Regards,prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Chunk mode will be applicable for file to proxy scenarios? and also I see the chunk mode will be applicable for only ESR bypass scenarios and not applicable normal scenarios. Is it true?

Thanks,
Venu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

To avoid this problem, i increased this parameter:

sxmb_adm.

With value 0 is deactivated.

Also the basis team had to increase the physical memory.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I have already added the above parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT = 40M and in SXMB_ADM and made some physical memory changes by basis team which are icm/HTTP/max_request_size_km set to 2097152,  icm/server_port_0 TIMEOUT set to 600.  rdisp/max_wprun_time = 3600, ztta/max_memreq_MB =2048. Then the interface is working fine but now the Functional team getting doubt that they are unaware of Production system server capacity and configurations, is these physical memory changes are acceptable? Please advise how can convience them and also let me know are there any other possibilities that we can do from our PI side for splitting the large file.

Also, is that sure the chunk mode will not work for File to Proxy scenarios?

Thanks,

Venu