cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End user and Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, my developer are using MS Visual Studio. For the reports in the application Crystal Reports is used. For my clients is, conform the advice of the developer a runtime on their system necessary. My clients are cities with a large and sophisticated network where my products are only a minor part. Most of them do not use Crystal reports but products as Cognos. So they need install the runtime exclusive for our software.

Now I have aproblem: First the netwerkmanager is not happy to install the runtime on the server. For the need to write a special installation package te install it on all the servers. I found only a complete installation package that cannot be controlled by the netmanager for instance the map, rights et cetera.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Floor,

Is your application WEB or Desktop?

CR runtime is quite complicated and cannot be done in parts, it's all or nothing.

It is only 70 meg ( compressed ) so it's not that big... Only other requirement is it must be installed under a local Admin account.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

It is a desktop application.

It is not the seize of the runtime version. The problem is that the application is automtically installed in the root and the systemmanagers don't want to have it there. If installed in the root the runtime has to be installed on all servers and there is also a problem with rights and security.

Our software is allowed to be installed on a special part of one server including supporting third party applications.

0 Kudos

Ah, that makes more sense.

Search for Silent Install on here and help.sap.com. CR for VS still uses MSIExec to do the installing so I believe you can specify the install folder.

We have a special flag called INSTALLDIR that you can set also.

Open the MSI package using ORCA ( from MS ) and you can see other options as well as silent install.

Don

Answers (0)