cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS - Credentials setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

We are setting up ADS configuration and needs to add Credentials (for Interactive Forms).

We have got the credentials form SAP in file.pfx with the password.

Can you please let me know whether to add credentials in ECC side or Solution Manager.

Please adivce.

Regards,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

There are some lovely people on SCN who have gone to the great effort of creating blogs and the likes for this kind of question.

eg:

If I were the "search the community" button I'd be feeling really neglected and unloved right now.

Hope it helps.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

I have already done the steps which the link you have provided.

For interactive forms we need credentials which I have got from SAP and need to how to setup credentials in Solution Manager 7.1 SP12(ABAP + JAVA) system.

In solman I need the steps for credentials setups and I have already searched where visual admin blogs found many but from Solman 7.1 SP12 no more visual admin, we have NWA and I need the steps for this.

I have already completed below:

II Web Dynpro for ABAP

1. Test program FP_TEST_00  (Completed)

2. Test program FP_PDF_TEST_00, RFC connection to ADS (Completed)

3. Test user and password(Completed)

4. Test destination service(Completed)

5. Interactive forms: Test program FP_TEST_IA_01 (credential test) Need help on this

6. Generated PDF with additional information(working for other than interactive forms) 

7. Activating ADS trace on AS Java 

III Web Dynpro for Java

1. Test user and password (Completed)

2. Check the Web service destination ConfigPort_Document. (Completed)

3. Check whether the credential is installed and configured - Need help on this

4. Generated PDF with additional information (working for other than interactive forms) 

5. Activating ADS trace on AS Java

Please help from your end , if you have any steps specific to Solution Manager 7.1 SP12(ABAP + Java) (On how to setup credentials) and we do not have any system NW 7.3 and above.

Regards,

karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for a quite complete reply of what you have done. It would have been good to have had that in your initial post.

I think this is where your confusion is coming in. SM71 in *not* a NW71. SM71 (SP12/13) is based on NW702 (EHP2) and the VA does still exist there. I'm staring at my VA in SM71 SP13 as I write.

If you follow the links that show how to install reader credentials with VA you should be fine.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/fe/e8cc48abee49f082dfbd5b45d98dd4/content.htm

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Amerjit has linked the correct documentation for what you're trying to achieve, but I have to ask, why are you doing this on your SolMan system? Yes, I understand it's a dual-stack and thus has an AS Java associated with it, but if you are trying to setup ADS interactive forms scenarios then you would be better off using a standalone AS Java, or at least one that is associated with productive business activity (such as an Enterprise Portal, for instance), and not your SolMan system.

In our landscape, even though our ADS usage is fairly light, we found it more robust and simpler to dedicate an AS Java for this purpose. This also has the advantage that you can use the latest release of NetWeaver (i.e., NW 7.4 SR2), which is an advantage for ADS in that it is significantly simpler to configure with the NWA than in the old VA (I've done both -- give me NWA for this, every time). ADS on NW 7.4 is backwards compatible with connected systems that may still be on NW 7.0, so that is not a concern (i.e., if your ECC system is 6.00 or 6.04, etc).

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

Thanks for the information.

I have tried to start VA in solman system and unable to open as we have solman on Suse Linux 11.03.

Rest of the steps in solman I have used NWA and completed.

You have any steps to startup VA from Suse Linux 11.03 or is there any other alternative we have on this.

Regards,

karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt for the valuable information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Could you expand on what the problem is ?

VA needs X so you have to run a Xserver on your PC.

Are you connecting with your own user and then doing a 'sudo' to sidadm ?

A nice explanation of your problem with VA (just like you did before with the steps you had executed for ADS setup) would be just perfect.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I have installed AS JAVA system for ADS configuration, when we applied credentials which SAP share then getting below error:

Could not retrieve the expiry date of the selected credential. This means that either the entered password is incorrect or no JCE in stalled is available.

Please advice.

Regards,

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

And you have:

1. Cross checked the password ?

2. Followed note #1294782 (especially checking for unrestricted version of java crypto) ?

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

I have checked the sap note: 1294782.

How to check unrestricted version of the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) on the present system - AS Java.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I'm not being pernicious but that "search" button is still there on SCN and SMP.

Notes #739043 and #1240081 just popped out on keyword JCE.

KR,

A.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthik, so this is on a NW 7.4 system now? Here is what I have in my personal documentation about installing the Reader Rights credential.

• Obtain the credential (details for process in Note 736902; it should be a .pfx file). Once obtained, it should be accompanied by a credential password, so make a note of that and don't lose it.
  • In NetWeaver Administrator, navigate to Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Adobe Document Services
    • Document Security -> Show: Credentials
      • Manage P12 Files
        • Add New File and browse to the saved credential file (.pfx)
        • Upload and Close
      • Add New Object
        • Alias: ReaderRights
        • Type: P12
        • Password: (as obtained with the file)
      • Configure Expiry Check
        • Accept defaults and Save
    • Licensing
      • Set System Status
        • System Status: checked
      • Configure License Status Calculation
        • Accept defaults
  • Restart the ADS system

Note that there are some prerequisites to installing the credential, including ensuring that SSL is completely configured and operational on the AS Java (  -- go to section "SSL"), and that the Adobe Document Services Functional Unit is enabled (you can check this with https://<ADS host>:<SSL port>/sld/fun).

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Matt and Amerjit for your valuable information.

I have configured ADS with the A JAVA system.

1. Pre-requisites ( As per the Note:944221 - Error analysis for problems in form processing)

2. Installed the AS - Java System (if we have already any AS Java system can also be used)

3. Request SAP for the credentials if your requirement is Interactive forms.

4. Same below steps which Matt provided.

• Obtain the credential (details for process in Note 736902; it should be a .pfx file). Once obtained, it should be accompanied by a credential password, so make a note of that and don't lose it.
  • In NetWeaver Administrator, navigate to Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Adobe Document Services
    • Document Security -> Show: Credentials
      • Manage P12 Files
        • Add New File and browse to the saved credential file (.pfx)
        • Upload and Close
      • Add New Object
        • Alias: ReaderRights
        • Type: P12
        • Password: (as obtained with the file)
      • Configure Expiry Check
        • Accept defaults and Save
    • Licensing
      • Set System Status
        • System Status: checked
      • Configure License Status Calculation
        • Accept defaults
  • Restart the ADS system

I have successfully tested & working fine.

Regards,

Karthik

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I believe You have to copy the credential file (<filename>.pfx) to the following directory of the system that hosts the Adobe document services: /<DIR_GLOBAL>/AdobeDocumentServices/TrustManagerService/trust/credentials

For more please read SAP Note# 736902 - Adobe Credentials

Once you have received the credential, you can register it as described in the Adobe Document Services configuration guide.

For more information, see the SAP Help Portal: 

For SAP NetWeaver Release 7.0 and 7.0x:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/56/f2c94a069f44a785b85748e11f82a0/content.htm?frameset=...

For SAP NetWeaver Release 7.1/7.2/7.3 and above
Installation of the credential:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/4b/95aeaf26f26e83e10000000a421937/content.htm?frameset=...
Registration of the credential:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/4b/94e920ea576e82e10000000a421937/content.htm?frameset=...

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahaman,

I have already copied the file *.pfx in the same location.

We are connecting ECC with Solution Manager 7.1 SP12(Interactive forms for ADS ), as the solman is the ABAP + Java stack and I need ,  what are the steps to be configured in solman system.

I have already checked the links which you have provided and doesn't help.

Regards,

Venkata.