cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition to Existing Stock / Empty Bin Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have dynamic binning concept , I want to use put away rule Addition to Existing Stock / Empty Bin Strategy with capacity check on weight, I have maintained weight of my Bin is 500 KG and product weight is 100 KG, when I am going to buy 5qty of my product then system is suggesting one bin for all 5 qty but when I am going to buy 6 qty of the same product then system has to suggest two bins one for 5 qty and another for 1 qty.

But system is throwing an error mentioned below :

Handling unit type E1 determined

•   Determine destination data - start *****

Storage type search fully defined: No entry found

Storage type search with wild card: Search sequence AG03 and rule  found

Storage type search sequence AG03 found

Destination storage section check is not active in storage type AG03

HU type check is not active in storage type AG03

Capacity check against bin type T003

Capacity determined from HU 8000071110

Weight: 600 KG are checked

against free capacity 500 KG with tolerance 0 KG

Maximum weight (incl. tolerance) for HU8000071110 was exceeded by 100 KG

Alternatives during bin search: 1st alt. Stor.Bin Type, 2nd alt. Storage Sec., 3rd alt. StorType

No bin search possible. Storage types/sections/bin types incomplete

Requested amount could not be supplied

Warehouse tasks created internally for HU 8000071110 will be deleted

Please suggest me solution

SAP Pandit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the setting maintained against the "Capacity Check" at storage type level for the storage type which is maintained against the search

SPRO----EWM ---Master data---Define storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

I am using below settings in my storage type :

Conf Putaway Check box Ticked

Stor. Ctrl / Ptw Ctrl Check Box Ticked

Putaway Rules - 2

Capacity Check - Blank

Mixed Storage - 3

SAP Pandit

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as your log says this:

"Capacity check against bin type T003"

you must have also set the flag "early capacity check", because this is what checks against the max bin type.

Now I am not sure how much this flag influences this, as my system somehow in the moment does not do that properly. But you should try to set the value "1" for "Split During Putaway" in the storage type. Because this is what you actually want the system to do.

Brgds

Juergen

Message was edited by: Juergen Pitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Thanks for your reply..

I have done the same configuration as mentioned above and found system behavior as mentioned below :

1. System is dividing into two task (one is for 2 Qty and another is for 4 Qty), but as per the weight it has to divide into 5 Qty and 1 Qty.

2. After Deconsolidation, system has to go to internal storage type Bin Drop Area (Layout Oriented), it is not going, earlier it was going to internal storage type.

Sap Pandit

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you describe that you have a deconsolidation step and LOSC; that means you have an HU. Somewhere the weight of the HU should be considered as well, shouldn't it?

But why LOSC does not work in your case, I don't know. There you need to show more of this.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

I am using the same config for both storage type (POSC Storage Type and LOSC Storage Type)

Conf Putaway Check box Ticked

Stor. Ctrl / Ptw Ctrl Check Box Ticked

Putaway Rules - 2

Capacity Check - Blank

Mixed Storage - 3

Split During Putaway - 1

Early Cap Check - Check box ticked

But i observed one thing, system is splitting task very well except one issue in POSC which is related to HU.

When system is splitting quantity in two bins that time system is not updating HU in Bin which is not avaliable in Warehouse monitor and system is not going for LOSC, but in case of single task of single bin, system is updating HU in Warehouse Monitor and system is going for LOSC.

Can you suggest me some solution in this case.

Do i need to select Level Addition to Stock  - H (Addition to Stock at Highest HU Level).

You can see in below image, Bin No. K01-01-A02 & B01 has stock without HU because these two stock got divided in two bins and LOSC not triggered here, but first one was single WT and can in only one bin so it has HU Number and triggered LOSC also.

SAP Pandit