Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Rule Behaviour?

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have set alert rules in production... But it is observed that if we face any intermittent error specifically for JMS adapter it will keep triggering alert mails for that interface until we re start JMS Communication Channel...

Why such repeated alerts for JMS interfaces ??? as it is intermittent error and we dont see any failure in PI.

BR,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Did you try to enable Supress Alerts option and check.

Also if you do not want Channel specific Alerts you can uncheck it in your Alert Config.

Regards,

Azhar

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Can you please tell me how to use SUPPRESS option in ALERT RULES which is on single stack. I will look into that.

BR,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi ,

If you are on single stack you can limit the number of alerts using alertstomaillimit parameter.

Also increase the interval in which your batch job is running for this alert.

Reference :

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

Thanks.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rashmi,

What is the intermittent error happening?

In the ID you can make the alerts specific by configuring the Message statuses of the alert rule.

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Below is the error I am getting in an alert mail -

Error receiving JMS message : JMSWMQ2002: Failed to get a message from destination 'XX QUEUE NAME XXX'. JMSCMQ0001: WebSphere MQ call failed with compcode '2' ('MQCC_FAILED') reason '2009' ('MQRC_CONNECTION_BROKEN').",

And temp channel goes in error status... If I check in system then I dont see any message stuck in PI.

BR,

Rashmi

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rashmi,

Try removing this option from alert rule and check

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

But what if anytime I get an actual failure while processing a message?

I believe I wont get alert in that case which is wrong.

BR,

Rashmi

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rashmi,

you can try once just removing channel not intialized.Hope it wont affect the other error cases

Dont remove processing error.It was my mistake

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

Will try that but 1 more doubt... As this is prod server, what if someone stop channel during outage and forgot to start it.. SO while processing message it will not trigger email I guess.. ANy solution for this?

BR,

Rashmi

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Rashmi,Thats a valid question.

Just did some more research and found this.

Try this.

Remove the General Error and check