Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we login thru sap web dispatcher and do the load balancing.our problem is through the web. when Apps servers are down and user logins in, he is pointing to Central Instance(CI), which is not acceptable.we define the group in SMLG and there is one CI without assigning to any group.

So my Question is why it is collecting CI eventhough it is not assigned to any group.when I check the trace on web dispatcher, i see in !DIAG it collects all of the Instances. even though we set the parameter wdisp/HTTPS/dest_logon_group = xxxx( our logon group from SMLG)

Can anyone has this kind of problem.

Thanks,

Chander

6 REPLIES 6

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The parameter values can be maintained as instance specific or global (default profile for the whole system).

So if the parameter is set as an isntance profile its effect would be only till that particular application server but would not be the same across all.

So see in RSPARAM what value this parameter has got in the default profile.

That might be the cause not sure though

Message was edited by:

Manohar Kappala

0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

in web dispatcher we don't we have only one profile. which one are you talking?

chander

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a default logon group defined by SAP "SPACE" to which all servers are attached if they are not a part of any logon group. What group is Central instance part of? If its not a part of any group, it might be as a default part of SPACE group.

Refer to the note

<a href="https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=113440&_NLANG=E">113440</a>

<a href="https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=499327&_NLANG=E">Note</a>

You might also want to refer to the note 552286.

null

0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

we are on ECC5.0, how to take out that space logon group where our CI is sitting.eventhough we take out the logon group.

Thanks,

Chander

0 Kudos

Perhaps the basis team might be able to help you out.

As they are the right persons to make those changes too.

I read in one of the notes that infact you can convert the space group as one of the normal groups but i am not sure of the procedure.

Regards,

Manohar

0 Kudos

Adding further this is the remedy suggested,

ask the basis team if this can be done.

***CAN I CONFIGURE GROUP 'SPACE'(case sensitive!) ?***

Yes. Overwriting the default definition is possible, when necessary

(otherwise, leave it alone).

The behavior of 'SPACE' becomes:

1.System default, as long as no manual configuration occurs.

(i.e., all active servers)

2.Once user starts to define 'SPACE', this will overwrite the system

definition.

(i.e., 'SPACE' will behave like other user-defined groups)

-

> This will work correctly for 4.0 & 4.5 with support package ,

-

> and 4.6A&B with support package .