cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert one date type format to DDMMYYYY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a source column datatype as date and target also date .

my source date column is in dd.mm.yyyy format and i wanted to change to ddmmyyyy format  in target .

Db used here is MSsql

i have tried many options and  nothing is working.

please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both source are target columns are really dates then no explicit conversion at all is needed! Every database has its own internal binary format for storing date and datetime fields. DS automatcially recognises those and takes care of the conversion internally.

The external format has nothing to do with the internal storage, that's only how you huh... externalise it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah ..but  my source date is in 'dd.mm.yyyy' format while i need the target file as in 'ddmmyyyy' format .

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Repeat: if both fields are dates in a database, your source data is not in 'dd.mm.yyyy' format and your target data is not in 'ddmmyyyy'. Databases typically store dates (just like numbers) in an internal binary format.

When you want your dates in an external (text!) format use the to_char built-in function with a format string. When you want to convert dates in text format to the internal representation use to_date built-in function with a format string.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use this Function Module

CONVERSION_EXIT_SDATE_INPUT

i.e:

Give input = 01.02.2015

then the output wil be = 20150201

Or please have a look.

passing date to BAPI | SCN

Regards:

Usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the function CONVERSION_EXIT_SDATE_INPUT is a customised one .not inbuilt one which  can be used in BODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roma,

Use To_Char(to_date('input-column','dd.mm.yyyy'),'ddmmyyyy')

Regards,

Sandeep