cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload the new pricelist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Kindly assist me the steps to upload the new pricelist into the system.

Thank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ann!

You will need to prepare two files and then upload them through the DTW.

First file just needs two columns, RecordKey and ItemCode:

RecordKeyItemCode
RecordKeyItemCode
1ALA001
2ALA002
3ALA004

Second file needs to link the RecordKey to the price list, price and currency:

ParentKeyLineNumPriceCurrency
ItemCodeLineNumPriceCurrency
10699USD
20449USD
30799USD

The ParentKey in the prices file corresponds to the RecordKey in the first file.  The LineNum corresponds to the price list number from OPLN (I have seen this not match exactly in 9.X versions so make sure you test.

When I'm trying to find out which price list I need, it is occasionally necessary to make a simple set of files like the following:

OITM:

RecordKeyItemCode
RecordKeyItemCode
1ALA001

ITM1

ParentKeyLineNumPriceCurrency
ItemCodeLineNumPriceCurrency
101USD
112USD
123USD

This file above, when you change "ALA001" to some test item will give you an idea of which price list you need to use.  So when you upload this via the DTW it will set price list 0 to $1 and price list 1 to $2 and price list 2 to $3.  You can add rows if you need but with some newer versions it has been more difficult to match up the price lists simply by using SELECT * FROM OPLN.

Once you have the above information and you know the price list number you want, then you go back to my first example and set the LineNum to the correct number.  This way you are 100% sure you are updating the right price list.

You can update multiple price lists at once as well.  Just make sure you sort the spreadsheet by ParentKey and LineNum.  If the different price lists are out of order I have seen it cause issues.

If you are not familiar with the DTW, you need to download and install it first, Run as Administrator.  Login to your test db first then click "Import."  Following the prompts you will go "Master Data," next "Update Existing Data," next "Inventory >> Item Master Data" and next.  Click the "Items" ellipses button [...] and attach the first file with the itemcode listing, then click the [...] for "Items_Prices" and attach the second file.

Click "Next" again and you should see your columns align with the system columns.  Click "Next" and then click "Simulate" which will run through the system and validate your file.  If it runs into 10 errors it will stop and you can check the failed records to see what you did wrong.

Once ready just click "Next" again and it will import.  Make sure you do this on a test db first and make sure you cross-check 10-15 items to make sure you have the right information going to the right places.

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any more questions,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

For this you can Use DTW Template.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP Business one \Data Transfer Workbench\Templates\Templates\Inventory\Price Lists.

you can use "Special Prices'' or "Price List"

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make it importing the DTW templates, the price list template is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench\Templates\Templates\Inventory\Price Lists

check this video for an explanation

Updating From Excel Using the Data Transfer Workbench in SAP Business One - YouTube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank