cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy sales order Line text to delivery Header text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to copy Text from Sales Order Line to Delivery header Text. Is this possible? I have played around with VOTXN, and this is where I am able to copy from Sales Order Line to Delivery Text, but not to header.

Does any one knows how to do it?

Thanks,

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

To describe the requirement in more detail....

Currently, our business process is to have for each Sales Order Line items, an unique identifier (some kind of tracking number) assigned to it.

So when time comes for the delivery, the user are going to consolidate the lines based on this tracking number and group them via special report. When creating the delivery, at the delivery header I need to copy the 1st Text item from Sales Order Line and copy to Delivery header.

So, all I want to know if it's possible to copy text from Sales Order Line Item level to Delivery header? I do see that there is a requirement routines in the Text access sequence and if some thing can be done there. Any suggestion? I am open for any minor development if needed.

regards,

Dipankar

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But texts are usually not a good option for such tasks, because it is more difficult execute checks if the user enters the information in the correct format and if you want to produce some reports for the users to search by tracking number, it would be not very optimal. Can't you use some of the available fields in order data (item) screen for the purpose? Then it would be much easier to use the field as a combination/split criteria for delivery creation and transfer the tracking number with a data transfer routine to the delivery header...

Apart from that... I guess it is possible to implement some logic in a custom routine for your textID that you use in the delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dipankar,

Can you explain your scenario briefly?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please explain why you would need to do that as well?

And when you have 3 different texts from 3 order items in the same delivery - what do you expect to get as a result?

I use text determination mostly for printouts or to force some document incompletion. What is your scenario?