Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buisness Component Details

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you Please let us know how to get the details like technical system details of a Buisness component?

As the details is not maintained in SLD.

Looking for your input.

Thanks and Regards,

Suparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suparna,

For Business Components no technical details will be maintained.

Business components will be created in ID.

Refer the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/7e/f0af872e6e42fd9e176c53ca8510de/frameset.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Business Component is generally defined for 3rd party which are not in your Landscape and the Technical Details for these are not available.

Hence you do not find any entry in SLD for it. Whereas incase of Business System you have it registered in your SLD.

Refer:

Defining a Business Component - Process Integration Tools (Eclipse-Based) - SAP Library

PI 7.1 ,Business component and business system. | SCN

Regards,
Azhar

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Technical systems

Working with System Landscape Directory (SLD) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

you need to get the IP address/host name port etc from the third party

Check this link

Regards

Vinay

banersu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.

So there is no way from PI side to get the technical details of the third party that is maintained as buisness component in ID.

Does the BASIS guty can help me in that case?

Thanks,

Suparna

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

As others said technical system details can only be maintained for business systems

for business components you just create them in ID(they get automatically updated in SLD)

think of Business component as a virtual thing it doesnt connect to the third party,,,,

what lets you connect to the third party is the Receiver adapter/sender adapter

where you actually enter those ip address, url username password etc...

I can create a business component with the name XYZ and use it to connect to 5 different systems with 5 different receiver adapters.... afterall it is the adapter that defines the connection not the business component its just a name.

Correct me if i am wrong anyone please.

Regards

Vinay

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suparna,

No technical details will be maintained for business component.If you wish to add tech details then you should configure business system in SLD

In the adapters you can find the connection details.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Business System

Business system is a logical system, and there is an importance on physical existence of the system.Also SLD entry is required. It is generally used for SAP applications, this is just a general principle followed but not mandatory.

Business Component(formerly Service)

You use a Business Component, when you do not have the System details of the the partner system to which you want to communicate. i.e. you have not configured the partner system in SLD.

Business Service is an Absract Unit with Sender and Receiver Interfaces,In this case you need to explicitly add the message interfaces while doing configuration in ID. It is generally used for NON-SAP applications, this is just a general principle followed but not mandatory.

Refer the below link.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Business Systems behaves like Global entries and Business components behaves like local entries.

No technical properties for BC.