cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ETO ? what is the integration between SD & PS(Project Systems)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I was looking at a requirement where client is asking for ETO & MTO configuration experience.I don't have a clue on ETO, I have tried to look for some information on the forum but I couldn't find any.Appreciate if somebody can explain in detail on ETO. I am sure MTO is make to order process for specific material & specific customers.

Second part of my question is what is the integration between SD & PS(project System). Appreciate if somebody elaborate on Project systems?

Many Thanks.

MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry i did not clarify on PS - SD integration part.

PS - SD integration are on

1.Billing pan, at each WBS element, network and Activity level.

2. DIP profile which is assigend to item category. DIP for resource related quotation works only with ECP ( easy cost planning).

3.sales pricing - generally, there r 2 types of sales pricing in PS . lumpsum contract and unit rate contract.

4. BOS - bill of Services. which has to be activated. It is industry specific solution. If BOS is activated you also have integration for vendor RFQ and Analysis.

5. resource related Billing.

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Project System is works for any projects like construction, orperation or any large projects where project management tools are required. it integrates all moduleds may be like MM for vendor process or for RFQ etc or say may be SD for Resource related quotation with the help of DIP profile or Milestone process etc. IT is largely used in construction projects. IT helps in controlling the whole of project from one single screen and it works with 3 elements WBS element ( workbreak down structure), Network and Activity.

I hope I did not confuse you. Incase of any further query do message back.

Good Day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MTO - Make to order

ETO - Engineering to order(Different process)

I don't know more than that

Thanks

Kris

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor