Crystal Reports for Enterprise on BI 4.1 SP5 Server
Hope you can help guys.
I would like to install SAP BI 4.1 Edge SP5 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (64-bit)
We also want to install a Crystal Reports Designer on this server so that users can design their reports.
I understand that the only version of Crystal Reports that support UNX Universes is Crystal Reports for Enterprize. This support for Universes is critical for us.
I have some questions regarding the dependencies between CR for Enterprize and SAP BI 4.1 Edge SP5 platform.
1. Does Crystal Reports for Enterprize support UNX universes ?
2. Is Crystal Reports for Enterprize a client product like Crystal Reports 2013 Designer ? I don't want another server product because I will have SAP BI 4.1 Edge server installed.
3. If I want to have both SAP BI 4.1 Edge server and CR for Enterprize installed on the same server what is the order of installation ? What goes first ?
4. Which version of Crystal Reports for Enterprize shoud I install given that I have SAP BI 4.1 Edge SP5 platform ?
5. How do I find a correct client version of CR for Enterprize on the SMP /
5. Can CR for Enterprize be licensed through a CR 2013 Designer license ?
Thanks guys, hope you can shed some light here.
Henry Banks replied
I can confirm: it's the same license key for the CR4E client as per the legacy CR Designer .
CR4E is the successor to CR. it's java-based and easier to use. Yes, CR4E can consume Universes and BEx queries into a query panel.
you should have your server and client versions on the same SP/patch level.
the server and client installations are completely independent, and occuppy totally different namespaces and directories. order is not important.
in SMP, you go to software > installations > analytics > biplatform > 4.1 > windows > ... the latest version is called "SAP CRYSTAL REPORTS FOR ENTERPRISE 4.1 SP05 WINDOWS (32B)"