Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned revenue for valuation=0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While running RA on a project we got this error

Planned Revenue for valuation =0 , cannot calculate actual revenue. But that's not the issue here.

We could see that the planned revenue is =0 in PS reports. There is a sales order attached to the WBS and it has net value, but still there is no planned revenue.

I checked all config, everything is good. If fact there are other projects and sales order (same planning profile) which are working fine.

I am wondering about the header status of the Sales order , it says Overall Block Status = Blocked. Will that be a reason for Planned revenue to be zero in reports?

a) What makes this status Blocked on the header of SO

b) In such situation how would the RA run? does the RA need any config change to handle such situations?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your valuable feedback.

Those are all good pointers for this issue.

However in my case, it was caused because the SO header status tab, Overall Blkd Status=Blocked.

That was in turn triggered by a credit block on the customer for this order.

So the credit management team removed the credit block and the Overall status changed to -Not Blocked.

Then the planned revenue started showing and the RA worked.

But this is kind of new to me that planned revenue will become zero because of this status. I guess its standard?

Thanks,

Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the PS planning profile there is a checkbox that says to bring in the SD planned revenue to the WBS, check that.

Look in the standard PS cost element reports and see if you see planned revenue on the WBS, if not you are probably missing the check on the planning profile.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If the error is only for this particular project wbs.. then check in SO the material used and the GL. for the SO status Sales person would be better off on commenting on it..

Regards

Sammar

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

There are couple of things you need to check.

1) First check whether correct WBS is assigned to Sales order item in Sales  Order.

2) Check whether billing plan is created in Sales Order item details , billing plan tab. ( If don't use correct item category , you even might not see the billing plan tab in the sales order item details.)

3)If above two are fine , then in sales order you need to check , what revenue determination G/l. This G/l should be same as one the assigned in OPSB tcode of your planning profile.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Thanking you

Vengaiah