cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not showing up in Choose Company screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A client is performing a server change and I'm having a bit of difficulty with the new server. (SBO 9.1 PL05)

I installed all of the server components onto the new server, as well as the client.  I restored a copy of their live database onto the SQL server, and I am able to open the database in SBO from the server without issue.

However, when I go to a user's machine and go to the Choose Company screen, the server is not available to be chosen.  We've gone from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 so you can see this in attached screenshot 1.

Now, if I log into the original databases on the SQL 2008 server, then go to Adminstration -> License -> License Administration, and enter the new server name and click 'Browse' and then go to Administration -> Choose Company, I can now select the server AND see the databases, BUT the passwords do not work (and yes I have triple and quadruple checked, with multiple accounts, that I'm entering a correct password).  You can see this is screenshot 2.

I've tried rebooting the server, and the B1site security settings match the old server.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brett,

Please install sql native client 32/64 bit as per user's machine configuration,

Install this with admin rights of local user system,

After installing the same , please run the sap in the same system and check whether it shows the companies or not,

Please let me know if issue is still there after the above steps,

Thanks,

Atiq Sama

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to open SAP by Run as administrator.

Thank you.