cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload multiple values as a filter in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a Bex query as a source to one of my BOBJ 4.1 reports and there is an object called as Vendor Number that I need to filter on.

There are about 4200 unique values of Vendor Numbers  that i need to apply the filter on.

However, When i specify these vendor numbers in the Characteristic Restrictions of the Bex query, I keep getting the following error "RSR_BAD_CODING2".

I did some research on SCN discussions and found that the following thread has a relevant answer with the following Solution:

Unable to generate query RSR_BAD_CODING2 withou... | SCN

Solution

You can achieve the same result by creating an external hierarchy and

aggregating the thousand single values in a hierarchy node, which you

can then use as a filter in the structure item or in the global filter.

Alternatively, you can use a navigation attribute.

However, I am not sure how to create an external hierarchy or a global filter with all the 4200 vendor number values.

Is there any easy method with detailed steps on how i can apply 4200 filter values for a Bex query?

Thanks,

Nimish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Not sure whether if it will work, But you can try with a filter variable with exit (with code to populate the ) option and check if it works ? Also please check if you can derive some ranges ?

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for replying,

I had to split the 4200 vendor number values in increments of 800 and that worked for me. I just had to refresh the data 5-6 times.

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create the one controal table and for repspective vendors you can controal throgh table.

some of the vendor maintain the controal table write the sample routine.

same vendors able to see the report output.

Thanks,

Phani.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As explained in SAP Note 838443 - A125 Brain statement too long and discussion the select statement with 4,200 vendors is too big to handle. The suggested work-around is creating an external hierarchy.

I cannot judge if it is easy to select those vendors. Do they have one or more attributes in common so that you could generate such a hierarchy?

Best regards,

Sander