Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Data loading into *new* BW system

Hi everyone,

Background: The client used to be a part of another company but they got sold off. So now there are two companies A (original) and B (new one). As part of the deal, company B wants their own BW system. Company A is helping with that by providing an empty shell BW system into which we will load relevant data only and deliver to company B. We have loaded data into the DEV environment and are currently testing with the users.

My questions are regarding QA and PROD and how to capture deltas after initialization. I have outlined some steps that I will be following for smooth processing of everything. The steps are for LIS related extractors. Just FYI, at the client, they use "direct" della as opposed to "queued" delta and so there is no extraction queue to manage.

• Delete setup tables
  • Fill setup tables for selection up to 2013 (reason for this is because of the assumption that users will not be making changes to any documents from this year and in the past. This year could change based on what the users tell us)
  • Init without data
  • Full repair up to 2013
  • Lock users on weekend in ECC
    • Delete setup tables
    • Fill setup tables from 2014 to 2015 (current date)
    • Full repair 2014 to 2015
    • Clear delta queue manually (this is where I'm confused)

So, if I run a full repair for 2014 to 2015 current date, that should include ALL the changes that the users have made till the current date. So what should I do with the delta records that have been accumulating in the delta queue (RSA7). According to how I understand it, these records will be included in the Full Repair.

Am I on the right track? If anyone has a better plan that what I have laid out above then please suggest. I am open to suggestions and revisions. By the way, I would use the same steps above (or any corrections you offer) with non-LIS related extractors, right?

I appreciate and look forward to your input.

Thanks.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question