cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions of Adobe Form element - dynamic?

todd_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Java WebDynpro Application that contains a ViewSet, with an adobe form in one of the cells. I would like to have the entire Adobe application frame(including the page number at the bottom) dynamically fit within the real-estate available on a given PC, but I am having issues accomplishing this.

It seems that when defining the form element, it forces you to specify an exact vertical height of the form, say 700px, instead of allowing you to enter 100%, which to me would indicate that it should fill the available vertical space in the grid. When I enter 100% it shows only ~ 1 inch of my form. I can enter a fixed height, but the form displayed may be either too big (a 2nd scroll bar is provided by the WebDynpro in addition to the Adobe scroll bar) or too small (lots of unused space on the screen) for a given pc.

Are there any tricks for configuring the form to have the height adjusted to the PC screen real estate dynamically? Is this a limitation within the View Set of the WebDynpro?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

What we did is calculate the height and width based on the resolution of the client screen. Instead of directly accessing the Web Dynpro application via an iView, we merely access a portal application that redirects to the Web Dynpro iView. The portal application passes the screen resolution, obtained by some javascript (<i>screen.height</i> and <i>screen.width</i>), to the Web Dynpro application as URL parameters. Based on that information, the Web Dynpro application can calculate the optimal height of the form. It's far from perfect, but since we open the Web Dynpro application in a new, maximized, screen, it works reasonably well (although the tabs in IE7 do cause some trouble).

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

todd_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sigiswald.

Unfortunately I am not using a portal, so I would need some other method of evaluating the screen size programatically. Any suggestions? (I will probably open another thread asking that question specifically).

Thanks again.

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, in that case do the same, but instead of using a portal application (or KM document), use a standard J2EE web app. Exactly what Valery mentions in the following post:

Kind regards,

Sigiswald