Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for Error Message BQ020 - Negative budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

sorry if it is a stupid question.

My users are looking to disable Error Message Error Message BQ020 - Negative budget

As sometimes with some currencies conversion they have some iimaterial negative balances and don't want to bother

Please could you tell what exactly the negative consequence will be if we eliminate that Error message somehow.

Thank you very much in advance,

Daria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

Budgeting is done that you have control project spending. If you disable this error to warning or information. You might loose that control. That is only risk you have.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you mean my future budget will be wrong - thats it?:)

they would reason the negatives are immaterial...

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

You might overspend on the project if the budget message are disabled.

for example :

Total Plan budget for a project is 100k and you have budget control with tolerance limit of 10% which means you can spend upto 110k on the project. Anything on over 110K you try to spend on project , you will get the budget error.

Now if you disable the message if you cross the 110k you might get warning message or information message but still you can go head book the cost against the project.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

Something that was discussed before, you need availability control in the local currency.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I know it was discusssed, thanks

just can't do it as we do all budgetin in USD

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

Is there any specific currency you are getting this issue ? What is the currency ?

Regards

Terence