cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA Save - Order Data as a Draft

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not sure if there is a possibility for the following but any help or thoughts would be useful for me :-

We have customised the ISA r/3 application for our customer's Sales& Distribution.

Our Application users are distributors spread across NA.

We have a requirement that if <b>user is in the middle of creating an order and by chance he exits from the application either by closing browser or session timeout</b>.In this case he loses all the work he was doing.

<b>Proposed Solution </b> ::: He should still be able to get back the order from the state where he left off. So in other words the order should be saved as a draft.

<b>Problem/Question </b>-- Is there any temporary storage place where the ISA or SAP stores user changes , values of the order before the order is actually placed or in other words the order button is presses.

I know there's an RFC call that goes when we press on update button on Create Order but is there any possibility to get those values back if we exit or close this application session.

Has anyone encountered such an issue or has an idea of solving it ???

Thanks

Tarun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I have handled such kind of requirement in J2EE package.

But it was only for session out on a particular page say"OrderEntry.jsp".

I'll explain what i have done.

I have created an xml of whatever the data to be saved as draft.

I saved this XML in a folder created in container say "DraftTemp" and with fileName as concat of UserID, Date and Time and same entries in the database table with filename.

After the login of a particular user. i just check the entries in DB whether that particular user is there in the DB.

If the user entry is there and forward the page OrderEntry.jsp and call a javascript which reads the required data from the XML and fill the entries to elements.

After the order is placed delete the entry from DB and remove the file from the Drafttemp.

But since this application was for a very limited number of user, it worked.

If you have a space restriction, other ways you can save the entries of user in a DB table and rest of the procedure is same.

Hope this will help for you!!!!

Regards,

Prashil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so lets start one on one .. lets share whatever knowledge we have ...

Let me know which version of ISA you were using ?

Have you ever stored anything using SalesDocumentJDBC or SalesDocumentDB classes ?

Have you ever modified eai-config.xml ??

Thanks

Tarun

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I am having ISA 5.0.

No i haven't tried storing info in this application. Since the project where i implemented the requirement was a dynamic web application where it doesn't contain EJB's.

Regards,

Prashil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashil,

Your answer is helpful to me . Meanwhile i did some internet search on my problem

and i found a Note 771380 - Recovery of a shopping basket in ISA B2B on SAP support.

Pls go thru if you get some time or i can write down in short what it does .. basically it keeps a stores basket information in DB which can be retrieved for a user if his session was terminated unexpectedly.

Curently, we are not using the database for storing these values but i feel this is the correct way to go ahead .. But i do not have much idea about how i can use DB for this purpose.

So the questions still open are :-

---Whether i need to create basket tables in DB and

---How can i configure the usedatabase parameter in eai-config.xml

Where are you located ? can i discuss the issue with you ?

Thanks

Tarun Bakshi

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

We are on the very interesting turn of this post, and i am really very keen to go further with this since i have also not implemented this with any DB or with any of the sap application.

I am currently located in Mumbai, India.

You can mail me prashil.wasnik@tcs.com

Regards,

Prashil