cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation Path issues when copying a Person and complete Org Data

0 Kudos

All,

I am having issues with the org structure when copying persons using TDMS.  The Evaluation path I created will copy the person down along with their relationships to their org unit and position.  However, other persons relationship to that same org unit is not copied plus any persons who have relationships to any org units under the org unit that the person being copied belongs to disappears also, so basically I am left with an org unit that only has a person relationship to the person being copied and a whole host of org units underneath it without any person relationships anymore.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Am I missing a relationship in my eval path or would I have to specify every person that belongs in the org units when I perform the person copy so that they are copied down also?

Any advice provided would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

On the outset, it seems that the problem might be with the evaluation path used by you. SAP TDMS for HCM uses standard API's from SAP ERP HCM to identify objects using the evaluation path. For more information on the working of an evaluation path, you can refer to the link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/c5/e4b2c8453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

To provide you further support, we would need to have a look at your evaluation path, and your selection criteria. For this, i would request you to kindly raise an OSS incident with the details.

Regards

Puneet

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Puneet.

We are asked to copy down individual Persons on a frequent basis.  We want to be able to achieve this without removing any relationships of Org Units to Org Units or Positions to Org Units that are already in existence, especially for Org Units that report to the Org Unit that the Person relates to.

So, my selection options are usually Object Type P, with the Person ID/PERNR as the object ID.  I then use a custom Eval Path that I created, ZTDMS.  ZTDMS contains the following:

Can you help identify from the screenshot above if I am missing a relationship or if they are in an incorrect sequence etc..?

Many Thanks.

Kevin.

VanishaBansal
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

As you have raised OSS message for the same issue we will update it over there.

Thanks

Vanisha