cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need more TCP/ IP ports other than 80 or 443 Open in Reverse Proxy for Agentry Syclo WM Apps?

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Do we need more TCP/ IP ports other than 80 or 443 Open/ white-listed in Reverse Proxy for Agentry Syclo WM Apps for to work Push/ Attachment Download/ Upload feature?

We are using SMP 3 SPS08 in our landscape and Deployed the Work Manager App but couple of features like Agentry Push/ Attachment Download is not working as expected........ We are guessing that it is due to TCP/ IP ports other than 80 or 443 (say 8282) are blocked in our Current infrastructure. So for Technical Design or Infrastructure change we need a strong ground to raise a request for change.

ASCII arch infra is like, Device>> Reverse Proxy>> SMP 3 SPS08>> ECC

I couldn't find a suitable and very concrete reason to have the TCP/ IP Port in Reverse proxy for Attachment Download/ Agentry Push to work. Hence the answer, what I'm looking for is,

1. What are the other Ports which we requires to be open in Reverse Proxy other than 80 or 443?
  2. If We need then whether it will be Uni- directional or Bi- directional?
  3. What is the default TCP/ IP port used by Agentry Push/ Attachment Download feature?
  4. Suppose if TCP/ IP ports other than 80/ 443 needs to be defined then what kind of Protocols or settings are required in Reverse Proxy? This questions popped up due to the Web Socket thingy.....
  5. Any thing which we have to keep in mind?

Also, there are chances that we might facing a different issue but just don't want to keep the any strings open..... .If Yes, then please let me know.

In addition to this, it would be very good if an Sample Architecture diagram can be shared with all the TCP/ IP Ports defined in it.

Excuse me for asking such novice questions but we have started working on it recently and its new for all of us.

Awaiting for responses.

KR,

~ Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mahendra,

The only port needed between the client and the server is the port for the SSL connection (8081 by default).  So depending on your reverse proxy setup if you are connecting to the default https port then only 443 would need to be open and must support websockets connections on the reverse proxy.

Push will utilize port 8282 (by default) on the SMP3 server but that is for communications from ECC to SMP3.  That traffic does not go directly to the client.

If you can confirm 8282 is open between ECC and SMP3 then that will rule that out as the cause.

--Bill

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill!

Let me check the TCP/ IP port from ECC to SMP. If anything is fishy then will post it here.

KR,

~ Mahendra

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mahendra,

Please also review the following blog post for more troubleshooting steps related to attached documents.

Troubleshooting: SAP Work Manager 6.0 / 6.1 / 6.2 Attach Document issue

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MahendraJ
Participant
0 Kudos

++ Leads

KR,

~ Mahendra